HELP! I’ve an Interview

Home Forums National Chat HELP! I’ve an Interview

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Copycatz

Hi All!
    Well I am heading back to work (hopefully) and have an interview next Wednesday. I have researched the company and am adequately qualified for the job but havent had an interview since my last job 5 years ago!!!!! My main stump is the question: What are your bad points???? What do I say!! everybody says "ooh I’m a perfectionist". Any advice would be brilliant. I just dont know who to turn to! I am nervous and really really want this job!! :?

looking forward to the responses.

libby

Don’t panic

Just relax and enjoy it

Sell yourself
    Your bad points could be how perfect you need everything to be.
    Keep asking questions about the company, be really interested

agree to extra education – if you need it

I do a lot of interviewing.

Be yourself… / Be comfartable

Cann’t wait to hear how you get on?

Copycatz

Thanks! I have been researching the company. There is a bit to go on there.

The Perfectionist thing is probably my best bet.

THANK YOU!!!

I’ll be finding out on the day (tomorrow) as they are agressive hirers so watch this space.

x

Jenny!!!

😀 good luck copycatz

ed1
    Participant

best of luck copycatz 🙂

MNG

Hi CopyCatz 🙂

Good Luck to your job interview!

Gismo

Good luck copycatz…fingers and toes crossed for you

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the bad points thing, also try and throw in a genuine bad point that would not affect you ability to do your job and note that you are always working to improve yourself. eg: If everything you do is going to be on computer, mention that your handwriting is terrible but you make an effort to keep it neat when taking notes or something! Or that your maths is bad but you are brain training!

A bit of honesty and self awareness always sounds better than too much talking yourself up so long as you are sure there is no way these bad points could cost you the job; and if you do get the job, your credibility will be good from the start.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Dinomum

Best of luck with the interview….If you can get someone to practise typical interview questions, or even to run through your cv with them it will help, sometimes it can help to say it outloud and get used to the sound of your answers. Have you checked out any of the job websites like irishjobs.ie or monster.ie, they usually have helpful tips and interview suggestions. Most importantly, as was said before, dont panic and be yourself ! 😀

Copycatz

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Well!

First of all thanks a million everyone for all your comments, each one was so helpful!!

I didn’t get asked my good and bad points in the end! Typical.
    But I did chat to myself in front of the mirror last night and my mum did a mock interview with me too. I also checked out Monster.ie’s tips for interviews and that was great!

They offered the job on the spot so I was like Gene Kelly dancing back to the car (without the rain!)

THANKS AGAIN!! You are all legends, so kind!

Dinomum

Well done you !!! Congrats 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats!!
    😀 😀

Gismo

Well done copy catz do they need anymore employees 😆 looking for new part time job

Jenny!!!

ah thats great, congratulations. 😀

scole1

ah that’s great catz delighted for ya…..oh thrilled that’s brill…when ya starting…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.