Help hungry at night

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

What can I do to stop eating late at night..working a lot these days till late in the evening and find myself starving hungry and eating a big meal at midnight and 1am etc etc….I am feeling sluggish all the next day and think its related to that.

I would be on the go from 4 pm till Midnight without really time to eat from 5.30pm till gone 11pm ..help…

CaliGal

You need to plan ahead and bring food with you! WE as moms always look after our kiddos and bring snacks but it’s important we bring food for ourselves too!

Lately I have been cooking a bit extra and taking the leftovers with me if I know I am gonna be out and about..

Also wanted to add that you should be having protein 3xday and especially at evening meal as a lot of carbohydrate cravings actually come from a lack of enough protein in the body!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Cali Girl..yes you might be right about eating more protein…

I don’t have time to be eating snacks and food whilst at work though..so I am starving after wards..nearing midnight and may grab at worst a hot dog and a best left over dinner in fridge at 1am 🙁

Whatever I bring its gonna be bad for me to eat at Midnight 😮

Ideas please and please don’t say fruit ..I am famished after running round solid all night 😆

CaliGal

Can you adjust your meals so that you have your biggest dinner at say 3:15-3:30 pm? If you have a good proper meal then, you wont be famished and it will keep you going till say 10pm when you could have some hard boiled eggs with some crackers, nuts and cheese as a pick-me-up snack?

I would stay away from fruit as it will cause you to have energy spikes where you need steady energy to get you through your photography work!

I am sure you could take 10mins to eat a quick snack!

happymumblemum
    Participant

That sounds ideal Cali Girl ..hard boiled egg and nuts at ten..so basically you reckon protein stuff would be grand that late on..

Wouldn’t really get ten mins, I am not doing photography stufF Cali I am a supervisor at the o2 arena for concerts so no time till late to get food in..

Have to get organised to eating a big meal before I go..its a knock on effect though for me ..wrecked tired all morning and eating crap …always walk for an hour every a.m and try to eat breakfast but between 12 and 12 it goes haywire 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

That sounds ideal Cali Girl ..hard boiled egg and nuts at ten..so basically you reckon protein stuff would be grand that late on..

Wouldn’t really get ten mins, I am not doing photography stufF Cali I am a supervisor at the o2 arena for concerts so no time till late to get food in..

Have to get organised to eating a big meal before I go..its a knock on effect though for me ..wrecked tired all morning and eating crap …always walk for an hour every a.m and try to eat breakfast but between 12 and 12 it goes haywire 😆

CaliGal

If you are really stuck you can have a protein shake that you can gulp down in 30 secs. Get a shaker bottle from Holland and Barrett and put protein powder in it and bring milk separately. Mix, shake and gulp!

No excuses now!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Oh god really that sounds disgusting…

is it really that or nothing 😆 😆 😆

Think I will go down the hard boiled egg and nuts route, in my bag for when I finish// 🙁

Taylor5

I worked nights for years, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off…. my routine was all over the place.
    At night i would eat a dinner at about 9pm then about 2 or 3 am have soup and sandwiches, when i got in in the mornings 7am, i would be in no mood for dinner… i would do scrambled egg or omellete, my morning feed before bed would be high protein no carbs.

Financial Companion
    Participant

HMM have you access to a fridge or cooler at the o2? If so, you could put the likes of pasta and tuna, or chicken and pasta, along with something like tomatoe or sweetcorn mixed in. They give a balance of protein and carbs, and can be spooned down (small portion to fight off craving while giving nutrician) in less than 5 minutes. There’s a great snack pot of tuna, pasta and small veg in a sauce that’s quite lo cal (think it’s john west or similar) they’re ideal for what you need. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

What can I do to stop eating late at night..working a lot these days till late in the evening and find myself starving hungry and eating a big meal at midnight and 1am etc etc….I am feeling sluggish all the next day and think its related to that.

I would be on the go from 4 pm till Midnight without really time to eat from 5.30pm till gone 11pm ..help…

To stop from eating late at night,the logical choice would be to go to bed earlier than you do now.Start drinking water to fill up tummy and without all that junk food,your sleeping pattern will be back on track. Maybe you can keep some fruits and water around for your late night cravings.

diet plans weight

happymumblemum
    Participant

Errrr I don’t think work would be happy if I left at 9 to go to bed!!

pookie2

I’m not expert on the whole carbs v proteins at different time of the day, so apologies if I am contradicting anyone.

I’m often really hungry at night as well. I was advised in the past to eat porridge or another oat-based hot cereal last thing at night (add raisens, cinnamon, maple syrup etc if it helps get you into the habit & eliminate those ‘baddies’ later!) It is warming, filling & easily digested over the night. It can be cooked in three minutes (little microwave sachets) so you can avoid all that snacking-while-you-wait-for-a-meal-to-be-ready & is easy to take with you. And these days there are various flavoured ones ou can get now (just keep an eye on the added sugar content)

Even if you are not a fan, if you could try it for two weeks, your body will actually grow to like it (seriously). Something to do with prehistoric man & lack of food….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.