HELP! EYE PATCH FOR CHILDS LAZY EYE

Home Forums National Chat HELP! EYE PATCH FOR CHILDS LAZY EYE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MUMMY5

Just struggling big time with this one.

Have a little boy who hates anything near or on his face so I did real well to have him wearing glasses full-time

He’s 6 now but needs to be patching his good eye as he has a lazy eye. Tried the stick on plaster type thing but doesnt stick as he breaks out in a sweat with the bother of wearing it or cries and it slips off.

I had to wear a patch but was one that suctioned onto the glass lens of the glasses and blocked the vision from the side as well…..is there something still out there like this…….

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

munchin
    Participant

my sister had the same problem with her little one and did pretty much the same as big sister – made a big fuss of letting the little one pick the transfer of the day

yummymummy

My ds had to wear these about 3 years ago, just starting school, you can imagine the drama i had getting him to wear them. He WOULD not wear them to school at all, so he would put it on when he got home, but then he wanted outside to play, it just wasnt working. So on our next appointment in temple street i told them about the lack of him wearing it and they gave me drops to put in his eye, this was also a struggle cos he wouldnt let me near him with the drops, i had to do it at night time, but it did work, his eye is getting better, has been off the drops and glasses since aug of last year.

Maybe ask them for the drops, if the patches arent working for you.

MUMMY5

I have the same brand BS but thing is B has a funny thing about patterns and stickers etc. everything has to be plain………tried all that with the transfers but was worse 🙁

I have to go back to Haymarket today and dreading the whole ‘Mummy do you know…….’ bit. Have tried so hard. Will ask bout drops. Don’t like the idea but if it works……at least a struggle to get in but once they’re in its over.

Let you know how I get on.

rossylisa

good luck with getting him to wear them. My dd had to wear one for a while when she was 3 and it was a nightmare she had to wear them for an hour and then it went up to 4 hours a day . she had the operation then and hasnt wore them since. I was in temple street on tuesday with her and dont have to go back till another yr now and they told her that next yr she wont have to wear the glasses at all so she is chuffed 😀 😀

MUMMY5

Well at least I didn’t get a lecture. He was quite good about it. I just told him the poor child gets in a state and sweats on his face and crys and the patch is off.

He did suggest drops but the effect lasts all day so as he is at school its wasn’t really an option as his vision would be down.

So his suggestion is to have a second pair of glasses with the good eye obscured by having a strong prescription in that eye to make the lazy eye work. He wears them 2hrs a day instead of regular glasses. So will ask if he can wear them from 9-11 in school as they work best when he is concentrating on work etc. Hope school is k with this and should get results.

jayne

i know this sounds silly, but did anyone watch neighbours last week. Toaddie has a foster child who had to wear a patch, but he didn’t want to. so he had a pirates party were everyone had to wear them and it became fun and not so embarrassing for the child, i think any child loves the idea of a party no matter what the theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.