Hello, new in Dundalk!!

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Hello, new in Dundalk!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, my name is Danai and I am Greek. Two months ago we moved to Ireland, Dundalk because of my husband’s job. My son is 4 years old and I wish we could find some friends for him because he does not have yet any friends here.. Or any activity, the problem is that I don’t drive..

misemammy3

Hi Danai, welcome to Dundalk!

Where about are you living?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!! We are living in Aghameen Park.. Do you live in Dundalk as well?

pookie2

Hello Danay!

I’m a blow in to Dundalk as well – although I’ve been here over ten years now. I’m from Mayo in the West of Ireland (about four & a half hour car drive from here).

I have three boys 6, 4 & 2 – and a new baby due in March.

I live just outside Dundalk.

If you are going to be here for a while, try & get a driving licence (do you have a Greek one? I think they can be used here). It would give you so much more freedom as neither weather nor public transport around here are great. And later, if you wanted to find a job or anything, it would really improve your chances of getting something suitable. I know lessons can be expensive etc, but if I were you I would prioritise it.

Is your son going to preschool? Can he speak some English? What is his name?

I recognise the name but I’m not sure where Aghameen Park is. Can you remind me where itis?

I’m sure we could meet up for a ‘playdate’ sometime before my baby is born. I have a house full of boy toys… But my house is a bit loud!!

Have you a car seat? I don’t have a spare at the moment…

You can send me a PM (private message) if you like

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, thank you for contacting me!! I have sent you pm..

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Danay,

Are you able to walk to Marshes shopping centre?

We have a Mumstown coffee morning for mums & tots next week, Thursday 7th February. This is a free event for mums in the area to come with their babies & children and chat with other mums.

There are free nibbles, provided by the Bagel Bar and there is a free bouncy castle, which would be great fun for your son. There are also toys for the kids to play with, while the mums can have a cup of tea or coffee and a chat.

It is a great way to meet people and make friends and find out about other activities going on in Dundalk.

It starts at 10am until 11.45am at Bagel Bar, upstairs in Marshes shopping centre and it would be lovely to see you there.

Pookie, if you are up for it, would be lovely to see you & your bump too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, thank you very much for informing me about the event! It sounds very nice and we will be happy to be there with my son. So, see you on Thursday!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.