hello i am new

Home Forums Introduce Yourself hello i am new

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jocelyn108

hi i have just joined mumstown, i had heard about it but never got around to joining. i am a mum to two gorgeous little boys 4 and nearly 2.

i am in need of meeting like minded mum’s to keep me sane!!!! my 4 year old is starting school in sept and it is breaking my heart, am i normal?

xxx j :?

ps i live iin the drogheda area

chewieodie
    Participant

Hi there!

Welcome to Mumstown! I know how you feel, I’ve got a 4 year old who is also starting school in September. Can’t believe that they grow so quickly!

Keep an eye out for the get-togethers…. whether at the Bagel Bar the first Tues of every month, or Scotch Hall in the afternoon, also on the first Tuesday…. not to mention the Bettystown Court Hotel for swimming on a Friday morning, or even just for the coffee and scones afterwards. 😉

hjs

Hi, welcome and yes, you are completely normal!

You will feel odd for a while come September, but as your lo blossons there, so will you. It is good for all concerned, the school experiences, and I am sure you will both soon get used to it.

Best of luck!

Yvonne

Welcome to MT!

jocelyn108

hi,

what time do you met up on the 1st tues of every month in the laurence centre. can i bring my nearly 2 year old baby???

what time is the swimming on in bettystown?

i will be going on my own with my baby is that ok?

xx

chewieodie
    Participant

HIya….

The Laurence Centre Bagel bar is from 10am onwards…. and it can get really busy, so you’ll meet lots of folk. You can’t miss us…. millions of kids everywhere….

And the Swim is from 10am on the Friday (correct me if I’m wrong here gals!)…. or if you don’t want to swim, the scones and tea/coffee and chat afterwards from 11am…

C u at one of them, soon! 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Jocelyn,

You can come along to any of the events, its good to get out of the house with you lo for a chat and there are toys provided for the babies & toddlers so they are keep busy while we are yapping!

I’ll be at the Bettystown Court 11am Friday morning if you fancy that or if you want to take your lo to the swim, just mention Mumstown at the leisure club reception and its only 5 euro for us.

The bagel bar next Tuesday is another good one and Scotch Hall from 2pm in the food court downstairs, you’ll be able to spot us a mile off, lots of mums, babies, toddlers!!

And there are always new mums at these events so even if it looks like we all know each other, we honestly don’t so please don’t be shy.

And yes, you are normal on the school thing but it is not so bad, its great when they start learning things, you’ll be all proud and delighted about it in no time!!!

Might see you soon.

jocelyn108

thanks girls ….. i won’t be able to make it on fri but defo will go tues am in the bagel bar …. c u there and thanks again for being so nice xxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Great Jocelyn, we’ll see you at the Bagel bar tomorrow. Don’t forget its free parking, free food, play area for kids, specially built changing area for babies/toddlers and of course, great chat with other mams!

There are new mums coming to this event each month – if you want to come a little early, I will be there (small blonde, always running around)

See you then,
    Siobhan

trixiebell
    Participant

welcome joycelyn 🙂

jocelyn108

Siobhan

thanks a million, looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!!

xx jocelyn

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.