Heartburn

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brenda2011

Hi there, I was wondering does anyone have any cures for heartburn,i have taken gaviscon but it doesnt work for me,is there anything else you can take or do while pregnant to ease it?.i have had it everyday this week & its quite an uncomfortable sensation.hopefully one of you will have a great tip.thanks

Maura

I find raw celery excellent. Also apples. Works for me but im not pregnant.

kjmam

rennie was good for me

Taylor5

I found Rennie and milk also a high pillow helped at night time. i did have to look at my diet on ds1 (only had hb 1 day on ds2) as i was dying with it, if i bent down it was much worse and i could feel my throat burning….. it wasnt nice at all, i had to cut OJ, oranges and a cucumbers out of my diet, that helped…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Calc flour tissue salts helped me, I don’t like rennie or gaviscon so went down the homeopathic route. you can pick them up in health stores, only cost about 3-4 euro and lastages

you poor thing, its such a pain to have it. They say its the sign of a baby with lots of hair and when I look at my daughers full head of hair now I realise why I had so much heartburn myself!! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

Sabbi i had heartburn on ds1 and he was born bald… not a bit on ds2 and he had a head of black hair!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

its one of those mad old wives tales I guess.

I am sitting here eating a cheese & relish sandwich and enjoying the fact its not giving me heartburn!!

Sorry Brenda – thats not very helpful for you! Ah sure, before you know it, your babs will be here and the heartburn and middle of the night pees will be a thing of the past!! 😉

happymumblemum
    Participant

I suffer badly from heart burn and used to drink bottles of gavisconby the neck on dd she had loads of hair .. Get heart burn all the time .. Wierd dh has never ever had it and doesn’t know what it feels like !

I used to suffer from heartburn when pregnant as well and used Gaviscon but the GP did say to me that it was okay to use Zantac too. You would really need to double check this with your own GP as you may have to wait until your a certain number of weeks along for this. HTH

Berry

Tissue salts can work very well for heartburn – Calc Phos or Nat Phos are the two that I would recommend trying (Sabbi are you sure it was calc Fluor?) – available from the health food shop. Also red apples help some people – they contain a higher amount of pectin – which is known to ease heartburn.

Berry
    http://www.berniecondon-homeopathyinlouth.ie

Jedt
    Keymaster

I’ll trust your judgement on that one Bernie, may well have been calc phos. I am out of them now, so no way to check.

Brenda – they worked well for me, worth a go and cheap too!

Brenda2011

Hi ladies,thanks for all your suggestions.I asked pharmacist about Zantac,he said although it is an over the counter medicine because I am pregnant he wouldnt sell it to me without a prescription.am going to my doctor for 28 week check up next week so ill get prescription then.

when i asked him about the homeopathic remedies that were mentioned he said "sure they are just placebos they wouldnt work" i thought that was pretty closed minded of him but i suppose health shops are his direct competition!.

Berry

Many chemists stock New Era tissue salts and homeopathic remedies.

A tub of Calc phos and nat phos costs about €4.50 each or New Era Tissue salts Combination E contains both calc phos and nat phos – with cost again about €4.50.

The tissue salts have no side effects and are completely safe to use in pregnancy.

I’ll be at the Mumstown coffee morning tomorrow tues in Drogheda if you are around and would like more information.

Berry
    http://www.berniecondon-homeopathyinlouth.ie

rossylisa

I used Zantac the gaviscon didnt work for me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.