- This topic has 27 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
December 6, 2007 at 11:43 pm #1947Taylor5Member
After fighting for her life for 4 days Poor Katy passed away this evening, God love her poor parents and sister.
What a waste of a beautiful life, say a prayer others will learn a lesson from her mistakes. There is no offical statement that she took coke but thats what the papers are saying happened, maybe such a high profile death might make someone think before they snort.
What a shame, another young life lostDecember 7, 2007 at 12:01 am #49824
just seen a post about this its so sad was hoping she would pull through … she is only 24 😥 god love her parents and her sister specialy this time of yr 😥 😥December 7, 2007 at 8:59 am #49827
its tragic isn’t it 😥December 7, 2007 at 9:03 am #49828bunnacurryMember
Very sad for such a beautiful girl. There are so many pressures on young people today. With everything so readily available the temptation is so great. Parenting isn’t easy these days with all these added pressures but we can only doour best. As Taylor said hopefully others will learn from this.December 7, 2007 at 9:11 am #49831
there is far to many people dying from taking this drug
such a waste of a short lifeDecember 7, 2007 at 9:14 am #49833
i have to say though, i think its tragic that the poor chap down the country (Waterford?) got very little press coverage from what seems like a similar death and because Katy is famous, she was on the news every day and it was a terrible tragedy. Don’t get me wrong, it is tragic but i think the poor chaps family must feel like their son’s death has been forgotten. 😥December 7, 2007 at 9:21 am #49834
yes but they dont usually report cocaine overdose in any papers. the only reason them lads where in the paper was because there was 15 of them that colapsed at the party. i feel sorry for that lads family the one that beat cancer and know look…
katy was well knowen to the media so it would be in the papers.December 7, 2007 at 9:23 am #49835
actually i never thought of it that way, you are probably right.December 7, 2007 at 9:25 am #49836
its on jerry ryan now all the people that took part in celbs go wild
there all really upset about switch it onDecember 7, 2007 at 9:40 am #49837yummymummyMember
feel so sorry for the family, its a terrible thing to happen. just goes to show what drugs do to someone aint it.December 7, 2007 at 10:03 am #49839GismoMember
Its such a tragedy and so near to christmas. Such a waste of a life. She was a beautiful talented girl. As a parent it would scare you how much drugs thereare in this country and the amount of young people it is killing. God bless our little ones.December 7, 2007 at 1:26 pm #49873DinomumMember
I couldnt believe it when I heard this morning, I really thought she would pull through. What with poor Katie and the lad in waterford mabye people will think twice about being ‘cool’ and taking drugs.
My heart goes out to thier families esp at this time of year….December 7, 2007 at 1:39 pm #49876EJMember
I knew once I had heared that guy in waterford died, she had little chance, its obviously from the same batch of bad Coke, but hopefully the Gardai will track it down.
She had spoken out before about taking drugs and Coke, but that she had stopped, obviously the toxicology report has to be announced before we can point the finger, but I think the public have forged their opinions already from the media’s speculations.
I was at a wedding recently, and just sitting there late in the night, and noticed something strange about a guy with us, I asked him and turned out he had taken coke, he told me the others that were there, who were on it. I was shocked at how many! It really is rampant in all circles, in all walks of life! Its horrible to see!
I hate to see it, but its only when a death occurs that action is taken, the same goes for road safety, bullying and alcohol, so maybe people might start to see its not as safe as they may have thought it was.December 7, 2007 at 2:00 pm #49879
the lads that took the coke eat it.. it was tested and it wasnt a bad batch just they took to much of it .. mixed with speed and drink ….
it is every where the last time iwas out there was loads doing and you would have 4 oo 5 people going in to the toilet at the same timeDecember 7, 2007 at 3:06 pm #49893ed1Participant
R.I.P Katie. such a waste of a beautiful life. hopefully a message will be learnt from her death and that of kevin doyle in waterford. tell you one thing my boys are not going to be let out at all when they are older. its scary to think what will be around then.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.