Healthy, nutritious, tasty lunch for 1 euro

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Healthy, nutritious, tasty lunch for 1 euro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hawkeye

I just realised (while I was eating it!) that broken down, my homemade lunch of 4 wholegrain swedish krisprolls, with low fat cheese triangles and smoked salmon and a cup of chinese chicken noodle soup cost about a euro! Considering the smoked salmon was €3 and I used less than a tenth of the pack, 2 triangles from a 16 triangle pack from aldi, 4 krisprolls from a bag of about 30-40 (tesco less than €2 a bag) and 1 soup sachet (box of 4 for 85c.)

Very tasty, probably has less calories than you would burn roller skating for 45 minutes :lol: and good value!

What are your healthy/reasonable lunch/dinner tips???

Jedt
    Keymaster

Omelettes – love them and they are so versatile and filling. I sometimes just have a bit of ham & onion or sometimes if I feel a bit naughty, bacon & cheese. Even an omelette with tomato is yum!

Taylor5

i love omelettes also….

Hawkeye did you taste the smoked salmon with the mustard dressings from Aldi… OMG they are fab!!!

my budget lunch is left over sunday roast chickent, in a garlic wrap from Aldi, with salad, onion and chilli and mayo, yum yum yum

Hawkeye

I’m glad I had breakfast before reading that or I’d be getting hungry!

I must look out for those Taylor, sounds nice. I sometimes do the aldi salmon fillets (from the frozen section) by seasoning them and coating them in dijon mustard, wrapping in tin foil and in the oven, served with wholewheat pasta (boiled with a vegetable stock cube so no need for a sauce) and served with a salad of finely chopped tomatoes, mozzerella, cucumber, onion, chopped basil, olive oil with a little sea salt and ground pepper.

Okay now I’m hungry again! 😆

Taylor5

Aldi do fresh fish, that salmon is to die for… i eat it on brown bread, i freeze the brown bread and take out a few slices a day or as i need it, i wouldnt eat it all in a few days and freezing saves me throwing it out.
    I think the one i got was mustard and dill dressing…. im off to aldi now, i want it for my lunch now 😆 😆 😆 😆

The Garlic Aldi wraps are really tasty, again i put in the freezer and i pop into the microwave for 30 seconds to defrost, im addicted to omelette and chilli sauce wraps lol

Hawkeye

I try to keep anything with garlic in it to Fridays or Saturdays, that way I’m not making clients suffer the odour the next day! 😆

Nearly time to rustle up lunch (now that you’ve made me hungry again!)

Taylor5

Ah you wouldnt notice the garlic in the wraps, it just adds a mild flavour…. my kids stink of garlic!! They love the stuff, when im making a chicken curry i put 7 cloves of garlic in it 😯 Hummus about the same, my lips sting there is so much garlic in it, yet they love it!

I had to go to Aldi and get my salmon and brown bread for tomorrows lunch

Hawkeye

I actually got the salmon with the mustard and honey dressing the day you mentioned it 😆 I spread light cheese triangles onto multi grain ryvita, topped with the salmon and then drizzed some of the sauce on it! Yum Yum! I’ll be getting some more this afternoon when I do the shopping 😉

Roll on the long weekend!

Taylor5

i cant stop eating it… i had it on brown bread for my breakfast 😳 😳 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.