Healthy afterschool snacks…….

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Healthy afterschool snacks…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

:D :D You know how it is, they come home hungry but for a snack, not quite ready for dinner and neither are you :lol:

Unislim are here to help you satisfy your childrens needs whilst staying healthy and trim yourself!
    Make some yummy pizza’s! Take a tortilla (wholemeal is great!) and spread with tomato puree. Add your favourite veggie toppings and 30g of grated Mozarella. Serve and watch them enjoy. Great mammy lunch too with a crunchy salad!

Slice wholemeal bread, 1dsp of low fat peanut butter and a sliced banana

Smoothie – blend some of your kiddies fav fruit, I like mango and banana with a pot of low fat yogurt, 200mls of milk and a tsp of honey

hope these got ya thinkin!!! :) maybe you can share yours with me….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Peanut butter and banana – I have never tried that but it sounds nice, might give that one a go. My 5 year old and me love peanut butter….hmmmm!!!

Taylor5

Sabbi i was thinking the same!! 😆 😆 😆
    I have lovely wholemeal bread down stairs, thats my lunch sorted for tomorrow.

Those snacks sound lovely, the smoothie sounds nice…. i use Greek yogurt in mine and icecream in the kids, i will add milk into theirs in future.

I have to say my ds1 comes in from school and gets straight into his homework, the amount has increased since last year, so we really have to get stuck in…. he eats a chopped up pear and a packet of crisps or popcorn. I know its not great but he picks away as he works

livvie

Taylor5, we need to make time for treats in our life too especially when young hee hee, I love the mix of the healthy pear and the crisps although the popcorn a much better option. Brain food hey 😀

Let me know how ye enjoy the peanut butter and banana 🙂

Taylor5

This sounds stupid but if he has something to pick at he does his work quicker and much happier, i do rather he eats the popcorn but he does love a packet of crisps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.