Have you ever thought of hiring a wet nurse?

Home Forums National Chat Have you ever thought of hiring a wet nurse?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    annae

Granada Television is making a documentary called Wet Nurse for one of the UK’s most acclaimed networks. We want to make an informative, thought provoking, fair and compassionate film exploring the need of a wet nurse in today’s modern society.

Now with health scares about formula milk, an increase in plastic surgery and women who can’t or won’t breastfeed – a wet nurse has its use. This added with gay couples – especially since the law changed allowing them to adopt – could a wet nurse make a comeback and become culturally accepted?

What I’m particularly looking for are women who can’t or won’t breastfeed and are currently engaged in casual or paid wet nursing. I’m also looking to speak to women who are currently cross feeding or wet nursing. It’s a complicated issue and I need your help to make sense of it all. You can email anna.edwinson@granadamedia.com to discuss further

scole1

sorry to ask perhaps a bit dumb asking but what is a wet nurse….??? 😳

happymumblemum
    Participant

someone that breast feeds other peoples babies scole……

rent a boob!!!

scole1

oh really 😆 😆 😆 sure i have 2 boobs but not for rent 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

it was very popular in the olden days when rich women had kids they were breast fed by other women.

I cant see it making a come back to be honest 😉

rossylisa

oh god no i couldnt let another womans boobs in my childs mouth 😆 😆

scole1

maybe donate milk if lactating women, and the milk is fine but not to actually breast feed another person’s child i think it’s such a bonding and emotional experience that it would totally screw up a child…..but to donate milk that wasn’t being used i don’t see why not…..

kasia

they should have thought about that program when dd was born, had soooo much milk through the whole bfeeding time. i am sure i could have fed another baby 😆 😆
    but seriously – it would be strange to feed somebodys child. donating milk – yes, the more i think about it i could have done it 😀

Taylor5

Kasia there is a milk bank appeal in Ireland, its used to feed preterm babies throughout ireland. You do have to pass certain health and screening test…. I has so much milk I’d jhad to express and chuck good milk down the sink 😳 😳 😳 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.