Harper’s on the quay – no changing facilities

Home Forums Louth Chat Harper’s on the quay – no changing facilities

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was in Harper’s on the Quay today with my 7 month old baby. After lunch I want to change my little ones nappy. I went into the ladies – no changing unit in there so I asked the waitress she pointed me in the direction on the men/wheelchair toilet. I opened the door and again saw no facility. I looked at the girl – she pointed to the floor and toilet. I said what do you want me to use the floor. She told me to use the toilet seat. I asked her why they don’t have facilities she said because the owner had a bad experience with changing rooms. I asked to speak to the owner and she said that she found mothers left the toilets dirty and disgusting and wouldn’t ever be getting a changing facility.
    In this day and age every restaurant should have these facilities and especially ad this place is new enough. The fact that she could say that all mothers leave bathrooms filthy is just not on. How clean must there kitchen be if they can’t keep the bathrooms clean.
    Wouldn’t recommend

chewieodie
    Participant

Absolutely shocking…. 🙁 And the owners response even more so….
    totally disappointing… I wouldn’t support them.

lyn11

Wouldn’t put my baby on the floor to change him anywhere!

Yvonne

Its terrible that there is none, and I think thats a pathetic excuse from the owner!

I think our country and town, lacks in these facilities, when my little ones were younger and I was visiting my sister in Norwich, the facilities are great and everywhere, not just the odd place!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I would have changed him on one of the nice cushy seats in the restaurant if that had been me! No way would I change my baby on a floor or toilet seat. Yuk!!

joeyrudd

what if the baby fell off the toilet seat as someone was changing them, have they no cop on….i’m with sabbi i’d of used the seats too
    if they think all mothers leave the place dirty why do they allow babys and children in in the 1st place

Jedt
    Keymaster

This one is a puzzler, I thought restaurants had to provide changing facilities – go to Bagel Bar instead, they have a play area and whole changing room with everything for baby!

Yvonne

Bagel Bar have a lovely change room.. not that I need to use it now!

They really need to get a toilet in there! Its happened me the odd time, I’d just get my food and DS would need to go to the loo.. pain in the bum having to go upstairs!

munchin
    Participant

that’s the big minus on the bagel bar – girls love the play area and when they were younger changing room is brilliant but now if they need the toilet it’s all the way upstairs and if myself or dh are on our own – have to take both of them all the way up there – def need a toilet nearer the bagel bar.

There’s alovely italian in Ashbourne but one of the reasons i wouldn’t go was no changing facilities – had to change my niece on my lap once – it’s changing on your lap when they’re tiny babies but not fun trying to balance them on your knee as they get older and hold the wipes and nappy 😆 😆 😆 they’ve since put in a changing unit.

i think if a restaurant chooses not to put in changing facilities far enough BUT they should tell you before you sit down order etc…..

happymumblemum
    Participant

I would write a letter of complaint…or ring up LMFM be a great story ..name and shame them.
    Have no idea where you were talking about but shame on them I would never go there now!!!

Taylor5

HMM its the place on the quays on the corner opposite wogans, it used to be a book shop, i think it was the wise owl, then a clothes shop, now a coffee shop

chewieodie
    Participant

Well…. they’ll have lost out on a whole lot of business now thanks to us Mums!

Dear All

Great to see all of your posts on this subject. I couldn’t agree with you more in relation to the lack of a toilet in the Food Court in the centre.I am presently working on putting a single toilet into this area. The food court itself was never designed for toilets so its a bit of a camel ride for me to achieve this. I have already consulted with our builders and plumbers and i hope to have a toilet open in the food court within 5 weeks.

I will keep you updated on this and let you all know when it is open.

Thanks again for your posts, they are most valued by me and I can always learn a lot from the Mammy’s.

Regards
    Susan
    Centre Manager

munchin
    Participant

Excellent Susan 😉

Taylor5

oh Big job Susan… but well done x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.