Happy Valentines!

Home Forums Louth Chat Happy Valentines!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Gismo

Well….i met dh through a friend who was mad about him at the time. The first time our eyes met there was this instant attraction. But I couldn’t go near him as my friend fancied him like mad. Well I tried and tried to refuse his advances but couldn’t in the end. So the next day we both went up to my friend to confess…big bloody drama when you are young..we laugh at it now…anyhow we stayed with each other for about 6 months and then he was just a pain in the ar*e who didn’t know what he wanted but then again we were only 18 and 21 at the time. So I dumped him and then went out with another guy for 4 and a half years. During this time he went out with another girl too. We always stayed in contact over these years as friends and whenever we met up the flirting was outrageous…so when I broke up with the other guy he pursued me for about a year but I so wasn’t ready for a long term relationship…..so after the year I gave in 😆 😆 😆 9 weeks later he proposed…11 months later we moved in together…10 months later we were pregnant…and we got married when the little man was 4months old….so back together now 6 years and haven’t looked back thank god.

scole1

ah the stories are lovely….we also got engaged in a leap year, i asked him as we had had the ring for over a year before getting engaged and my friend was giving out saying why not get bloody well engaged so she told me to ask him on the 29th, he laughed and said nice try but i told you you choose the ring i will choose the date then 9months later on the 11th august of the leap year we got engaged…..

was thinking his brother is getting married this year and it’s a leap year….mad eh….

but love all the stories it’s great…..happy valentines girls…

trixiebell
    Participant

Like Munchin, I met my DH in Spain, in the Happy Hour in the pub 😆 😆 He was sitting talking to my mum and dad, and I came in and he asked me did I want a drink, and the rest is history!!!! We are together 11 years this year, and married 8 years in April.

My DH sister also met her husband in OZ while travelling!!

So holiday romances do last!!

Happy Valentines Day

EJ

Ahhh how romantic you all are!, my DH and I worked together and it was love at first sight, he had to give me product training the first time we met, and I couldnt hear a word he was saying, aparently he wasnt concentrating either!

He made the first move during a work weekend cruise on the Shannon. Within 2 months I was expecting! 8 yrs later we’ve three little girls, and have been married for 4! (Shannon is my eldest’s middle name!)

EJ

Canucklass

KC Great post! These stories are great! All of them really nice! I am a sucker for a love story.

Well here is mine. DH made the first move despite my Briget Jones actions 😳

I met my DH through my flatmate at Glasgow Uni. She had taken me and another Canadian flatmate to her parents house in Delamere Cheshire. As as result we had met a few of the lads. It was a trip back to the area with her in Feb 00 that I met my DH at one of the lads parties (who happened to be my dh’s best mate!) I hadn’t met DH before only heard about him. Well I was a bit "happy". Me and my fellow "happy" Canadian were wearing hockey jersey’s and signing a Bryan Adams song when my DH and another guy came in. DH was visibly unimpressed with us and I quickly branded him a "typical English tosser" and he branded me a loud mouth North American. We did not hit it off.

I saw DH again a few months later in Manchester while crossing the Manchester Uni campus – he was studying there and I was doing research – I saw him coming and immediately recognised him and dropped my head in disgust as I rushed past him.

A year after I first met him, I met him again in the village wine bar but this time I didn’t recognise him but he did me. We were chatting away and when I realised who I was speaking too I spilled my drink on him in shock/horror reaction 😳 We were instant friends but I had come out of an 8 yr relationship and wasn’t looking. He was too posh for me anyways. Make a long story short he was in fact interested – he asked me to the cinema and everyone we were meant to go with backed out! He kissed me good night (another disaster) afterwards and we started dating. I still remember the night I realised he was the one. I stayed in the UK to be with him.

We have been together for 7 yrs in March. He proposed 5 yrs ago by recreating our first "day date" in Chester just before I had to go back to Canada when my visa expired. After 8 difficult months apart we were married in Canada and moved to Ireland a month later. Now we have a beautiful daughter!

Goes to show you that thing can strike when you least expect it! 😆 😆

scole1

ah canuckles ahhh that’s like a real movie type love story……

posie

This is a great thread. My DH was the barman in the local pub. We both fancied each other straight away but as I was sort of seeing someone else we never did anything about it. I stopped going to that pub for a long time. Then one night myself and my friends decided to go back for a drink (I was a free agent). There was my barman behind the counter and he asked me out that night. 😳 That was nearly 11 years ago and we are married nearly 5 years with a 9 month old baby boy. 😀 😀

Sweetpea

Well DH and I met originally thru work in Dublin, i joined his co. for a few weeks contract work. Thought he was cute straight off but was way too shy to make any moves. I left after couple of months when contract was up but we kept in touch on and off for next year or so (during which time i went out and broke up ith someone else!!) But then i got a call one ay at work to invite me up to a party that he had been invited to and well you know yourself………..the days of the ole slowset etc………and here we are now nearly 7 years married with a beautiful DD and a happy home in bettystown

bunnacurry

I met my DH over a toasted sandwich in a pub in Dublin 3 days before Xmas in 2000. We had both just finished work late and both ordered a toasted sandwich. We just happened to be sitting beside each other waiting for people to arrive and just started talking to each other. We just talked for about a half an hour. I was with someone else at the time but it wasn’t going anywhere. I remember when he told he was a photographer, I asked him "moving or still". I looked at DH and thought I am going to be single before the new year. We bumped into each other several times over the festive season, always saying hello and a few words but nothing more. I dumped my then boyfriend on 28th December – which I believe is the most popular date for couples breaking up, so I was told – as the saying goes out with the old in with the new. I bumped into my DH on 30th December and he told me he was going home for the new year. He took my hand and kissed it and then I knew this is the man for me. Several days later we were both in the same bar and he asked a friend of mine if I was single and my friend told me he was asking about me. So the following night when he came into the pub and saw me with all my friends he came straight over to me and asked me out and I said yes right away. He only stayed for a half an hour, sent me some love poems the next day and the rest is history.

Taylor5

Ah Love at first bite in your case Bunnacurry….. Did you order the same sambo ❓

bunnacurry

yeah, toasted chees and ham sandwiches with mayo. This particular pub is famous for them. They’ll even do one for you at 11pm if you’re nice.

Taylor5

God thats mad the same taste in sambos 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.