Hand-crafted Wooden Children’s Gifts

Home Forums Mums & Dads in Business Hand-crafted Wooden Children’s Gifts

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Moloney Woodcraft was launched in March 2010. The aim was to start a business providing people with personalised, hand-made gifts for their loved ones. We wanted to ensure that our crafts were made to the highest quality standards while also being easily affordable. We want to make the process of giving that gift, “extra special” by adding your personal touch.

Based in Celbridge, Co. Kildare, Moloney Woodcraft produce hand-made wooden letters, keepsake boxes, toy chests & children`s furniture. All products are handmade to order (we don’t start a piece until you contact us!). Our beautiful crafts are all made using top quality Scandinavian Pine. Our products are painted using locally produced, water based acrylic resin paints which are completely child friendly.

Owner Donal Moloney explains;

I am a fully qualified carpenter/joiner. I have over ten years experience working as a craftsman in Ireland. I always greatly enjoyed my work, but decided it was time for a slight change of direction.

I decided to start a new business where I could be a bit more creative, & challenge myself. Having studied Art for three years I wanted to fuse both my joinery & artistic skills. So crafting these personalised gifts seemed like a natural progression.

A friend suggested making children`s stools personalised with the child’s name as she couldn’t find one anywhere. I liked the idea of bespoke, personalised gifts & items. I thought making individual wooden letters, personalised toy chests, personalised keepsake boxes & other children`s furniture would compliment this perfectly. This would provide greater choice while catering to various budgets at the same time.

So the business continues to grow today while still maintaining the ability to provide a friendly & personal service, ensuring each clients specific needs are catered for.

Please keep an eye on our website http://www.moloneywoodcraft.ie & on our facebook page for further developments & exciting new products.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.