Halloween dress up!!!

Home Forums National Chat Halloween dress up!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Long gone are the days were you could trick or treat with a black bag on your back and a witches hat you mad at school!!!???? :lol:

Why have we got into thinking that are kids are too good for that now?? :oops:

Guilty as charged myself for that but i guess its called keeping up with the times and afraid of being different…. OR for fear our
    kids would be mocked or worse bullied :(

Its sad how much the BOOM – CELTIC TIGER… what ever you call it has changed thing that we use to do for centuries…….. Bring back the old days as i think we have forgotten what Halloween is really about!!! :wink:

hjs

Yes I am guilty too having just bought dd and ds new outfits cos they were form ASDA and at £10 each kidded myself that they were for buttons and sure then why not?

But do think perhaps I have cheated the kids and myself out of some fun and pleasant hours cobbling together home-made outfits, that would’ve been unique, a symbol of time and laughter shared and evocative of some great memories when lookin at the photies in years to come…

scole1

yep bought the costumes, this year though bought on in 2 euro shop the other is a making one (well he wants to be a ghost) so a white daddy t-shirt and white trousers and face painted happy days….but he wants to decorate his ghost so that should be interesting….

i remember making my costume with my firned we’d be making them from the first week in oct, was great fun…

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have not bought any thing yet….as i know my 2 will change there minds in about 2 days… 😆 so i am going to wait a while….

I remember doing up my bed room for halloween too…. use to love it!!! lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best thing I’ve ever done is a trip down to the second hand shops…..pick out a few nice black numbers 8) and get cutting with the scissors. Still have a ‘halloween box’ that comes down from the attic every year with bits of everything made over the years. Best bit is they can be re-done and bits added or taken away the next year. Have to say, lots of fun. 😀

beams

Thats a very good idea mummy5 😆 😆 😆 have to say i splashed out in the 2 euro shop 😆 😆 😆 12 quid all in and the two of them dressed this year c/w very authentic looking boomsticks – even though ds is skeleton / dracula (now / witch)!!

Taylor5

ds1 wearing last years outfit (his choice) ds2 i got an outfit in tkmaxx for 6 euro… i did see Aldi have them in for 8 euro and Smyths have most at 1/2 price at the moment, some down as low as 5 euro

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.as … ppagesize=

yummymummy

My ds is dressing up as dracula……..already bought the costume.

I HATE halloween so now im trying to find out where to send him trick or treating without me being involved (bold mammy but i dont care its a horrible night)

Wish they banned it altogether. Fireworks being going off for weeks already. lads going round with their trolleys and pallets etc etc………………………. MEH!!!!!!!!!

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

libby1
    Participant

I just make up Party bags for my neighbours children…. You know who they are whn they call… Last year i noticed People dropping off kids to collect….

Kids were asking for money at the door

I made some hands for others too – You know a plastic glove with maltesers at tip of finger and fill the rest with popcorn…. Just something different

yummymummy

I go to my mams house for a few hours therefore no need for sweets (altho i do have a bag incase i get a few after hours) Im not a scab at all i just hate the whole opening the door going OMG blah blah blah

Loads of stuff in choice!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Yes I am guilty too having just bought dd and ds new outfits cos they were form ASDA and at £10 each kidded myself that they were for buttons and sure then why not?

I think £10 is actually expensive for a Halloween outfit 😀 😀 😯 …especially from Asda..sure they are only 7/8 euro at Tesco etc here..

Which Asda do you go to? Haven’t been shopping "up north" for donkeys..I actually found I was eating more cr*p when I had shopped there as there selection of ready stuff etc is so cheap and treats etc…used to find a trolley full of frozen stuff/ sausagy roll and pasty type stuff and way too much crisps and choc..

I always used to make my own outfit for Halloween ..a bin bag with foil stars stuck to it ..a cheapo witches hat and an even cheaper mask from the corner shop..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.