hairdressers

Home Forums National Chat hairdressers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    MissyG

i know i put a post up a while ago about a decent hairdressers that does upstyles, but i’m now looking for a new hairdresser full stop!!!! :( the girl that did my hair isn’t doing hair anymore & i’m vvvvv fussy about hairdressers (too many bad experiences & serious trust issues!!!!! :D ) so would anyone be so kind as to recommend a really good hairdressers to me??? i’ve seen the free spirit one in the laurence town centre & one on the rathmullan road beside the leisure park (i forget the name!) – are either of these any good or are there better ones out there???

yummymummy

I go to kazoo and wouldnt go anywhere else, i usually get Rinata or David to do my hair!!! They do what you ask them to do and if they feel like it wont suit they will defo say it!!!!

MissyG

and what are their prices like???? i enquired at the orange room in bryanstown & i was given a price of 90 euro for a semi permanent colour & a trim… is this the norm??????? 😯

Taylor5

Yummy, David did my hair last week and he is very good and a lovely guy.

I got ds’s hair cut in the Orange room (he was only 2 at the time) and I was charged 13 euro, thought this was a bit of a rip off

yummymummy

Yeah he is lovely, told me what would look better on me than what i asked for and he was right hahaha.

i dont get a colour i dye my own hair, but a wash cut and blow dry is €42

Taylor5

Im the same I dye my own hair so it was also 40 odd euro.

He is really lovely I would go to Melisa but she was off getting married and I just went to him, I didnt know what I wanted and he gave his advice and Im sooooo happy I listened to him.
    I found the last few hair cuts I got from Melissa werent great and was really happy with him, but Im going to her for 7 years and dont want to offend her by going to someone else in the same saloon
    Any advice?

MissyG

it seems this david guy has a lot to answer for – he must work miracles!!!!! 😀 i’m intrigued & i’ve gotta check this out! i will be up that way before the wkend – where are they based? i don’t know names of all the roads, but basic directions are grand…. 😀

Taylor5

You would have to have an appointment, the saloon is called Kazoo its on Duke street, That is the little oneway street the is just off west street, if your standing at the church on west street walk towards the Choice shop or the mooreland cafe the little road is between both these shops then just up on the left

Yvonne

David sounds interesting, might be worth trying out!
    Never heard Melissa was getting married! I went to school with her!
    Thinking of starting to dye my own hair… what home colours do you use?

MissyG

cheers for the directions, i know where i’m going now… i’ll have a peek in & make an appointment… would you believe i’ve never dyed my own hair?????????? 😯 i really wouldnt have a cluuuueee as to how to go about it! i’ve really thick hair, so would 2 bottles of the hair dye be best to get it evenly throughout the hair? i’d be terrified i’d make my hair go green or something! 😳

Taylor5

I have really thick hair and one bottle does the trick…. little tip use old dark towels

Ymcg I use any of the brands sold in supermarkets, I chop and change it depends on what colours they have in stock at the time, but I use Garnier most of the time
    Melisa got married about 2 weeks ago, she had to reception in city north hotel, I havent been in since so dont know how it went

Yvonne

Thanks Taylor, must have a close look at them… my sis would kill me, she is a hairdresser but unfortunately lives in England!

MissyG

cheers for all ur advice!!! was up in drogheda today & i booked my hair appointment with david in kazoo! met him & had a chat & i was happy with the consultation- as for the hair – can’t wait to find out when i go in!!! :D:D:D tks again….

yummymummy

thats great missy!

yvonne i use loreal the whole time, used to use permenant but now have goneto semi as my roots were growing back to quick!!! change the colours though so dont have a specific one i use 🙂

Yvonne

Going to have a nosey at the home colours… it is so expensive to get a colour done now, its ridiculous – or I might just buy it in the hairdressing supply shop, just means that I will have to give up the highlights.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.