guineas pigs

Home Forums National Chat guineas pigs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Almae

ladies

rabbit it a no no :(

anyone have guinea pigs ?

Taylor5

Did you check out Dejau? something like that not 100% on spelling

Almae

taylor5 whats Dejau ? website ???

Taylor5

Ah they are a little cuddly brazilian pet, like a chipmunk, but they can be trainned. they come out sit on you shoulder, run about but you can say "in" and they run to their cage….. the pet shop up at homebase have lovely ones and the girl is lovely she has one herself, she got it for her bedroom but her parents now have it in the livingroom in a cage 😆 😉

Almae

oh degus :):):) they are lovely ,prob there is when its runing on my shoulder its tail would be hanging out of my cats mouth lol:)

Taylor5

But you could only have it out when the cats outside!

Almae

TAYLOR5 , my cats are house cats , pure bred persians 🙂 , i would not let them outside for love of money , they only go out on a lead,…
    Picture it Hubby has the westie on a lead , I have 2 cats on a lead and fdd has Bunny or Guinea pig on a lead for a walk :):):) LOL

LOL

madhousemum

Hi, we have 2 guinea pigs 🙂
    They are great pets for kids, you do have to clean out their cage regularly as it will smell!!
    You can have them as outdoor pets, like rabbits or have them indoor in a "big" cage, this will cost approx 150 for a decent one, but nothing worse than having them in a small one!!!
    Best to get one or two female, unless you plan to breed them! oh and when you get them from the pet shop…… they can be pregnant 😯 which we found out!!!!!!!
    Kids love them and they do not make too much noise at night!! do not know what you would do about the cats……. but they should be safe enough in a good cage 🙂 hth 😀

rcole

Guinea pigs are one of my fave animals,
    We had three of them that used to live out the back, you could call them and they would come running, they have such a mad looking run.

Unfortunatley for us though a cat found out we had them, wripped the head off one Rosy, ate the smallest one Pollty and picked up and dropped Thierry next door. Got her back but she didn’t last to long after that, had a heart attack and died.

Guinea pigs and cats don’t mix, unless you put them in the cats food bowl.

Great animals for kids as they are very placid, they are inclined to purr like a cat when your petting them. But defo don’t let them near the cats.

scole1

rcole 😆 😯 how graphic lol….

have to say love guinea pigs so cute and cuddly and will sit with ya….

think hard before the cats….if the cats like to hunt they may hunt the guinea pigs

Almae

the cats wont hunt they are lazy gits , afraid of birds and are indoor kitties so cant imagine them going after the guineas:) lol

scole1

lol, they’ll perhaps think they’re smaller versions of themselves…as they are furry like them…..

Taylor5

Sorry but I HATE cats 😈 😈 😈 Dont mind giving them the odd rub but piss in my garden and its the sole of my boot they rub or the odd tin of baked bean…… neighbours behind must think im trying to feed them 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Rcole with a name like Thierry many (not me) would say it got the death it deserved…… cat must have know about the hand ball 🙄

Almae

our new piggys – Suni & Bambi

rcole

Nice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.