Great Toy Ideas 2008

Home Forums National Chat Great Toy Ideas 2008

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    alibe1

I would also recommend webkinz for the kiddies. It is a stuffed toy which includes access to free games and learning online. Most of the kids I teach have them, they are inexpensive so I usually use them as awards!

noeleenw

you know the alarm sensors in the house that go red when there is activity around them i tell my kids that thats santa watching them has worked a treat for the last few years
    😆

Yvonne

Very cute Taylor!!
    That was a nuisance A finding the toys. I remember Mammy telling us that years ago, she went shopping and left Daddy minding my brothers (older), when she came home, they were very quiet, she found them in the room playing with the Santy toys! She near killed my father for it as he was reading the paper blissfully unaware! They still got them Christmas morning and thankfully didn’t remember any of them!

Taylor5

Oh he would he had a torch today and went under the stairs and told me he was looking for the v smile with the thomas game! I told him that daddy had to bring it back to the shop but if he is good we would buy it for him as a christmas present.

Happymammy

Does anyone remember the cabbage patch dolls??? Or the board games I had a shelf full of them in my bedroom, monopoly. operation, pop up, connect 4, shenga! I think the board games never go out of fashion. The best ever board game invented had to be twister! 😆 😆

yummymummy

yeah i rem cabbage patch dolls but never had one i was more interested in barbie and cindy.

yeah love boardgames too, bought ds loads last year for x mas, connect 4, guess who, mousetrap, frustration and got him downfall this year, loved downfall!!!!! oh and hungry hippos 🙂

scole1

cabbage patch kids, loved them, had one and one year got one that i had the same outfit for thought i was deadly…..found actually the birthcert thing the other week when cleaning out the attic….laughed i had called mine sallyanne….

do ya remember the wuzzles…..like bumblelion etc, they were mixed up animals???

noeleenw

ye my brother slept with bumble lion for years 😆 😆 😆

Happymammy

Oh god i remember the birt certs!! Does anyone remember the big shoe and the chimney was a slide!! I found that in my mothers attic last year! I also had a camador 64 and my fave game was pacman I had the little joyce stick and all!!!! Cool I was! 😆 😆 My mum also got me a pre computer 1000 when I was 13 and its still working to this day! When you switch it on it says good morning how are you today!!!!! and its in irish pounds!! 😆 Loved barbie and ken but one year i got cindy and I was not impressed!

Happymammy

Barbie peaches and cream 😆

scole1

oh god cindy, the girls on the road would slagg ya if you had a cindy she was the crap one….loved my barbies, we had a barbie house and my brothers used to invade the house with their action men or a team men, found one day my barbies with red marker all over them (they had been shot to death)…..

remember the styling heads and crappy makeup….or mr frostie to make sluch puppies….bunty annual….the crap we got as kids not like high tech stuff now….

noeleenw your brother slept with bumblelion….ahhhh…..i really wanted him for x-mas one year but santa got me the hippo/elephant one or something like that was so upset, would’ve perhaps wrestled your brother for him….

oh remember glo-worms…..they have them in smyths, first time in years seen one of them….

ed1
    Participant

I never had a barbie or a cindy. 🙁 Dont remember ever wanting one either. I did have one of those heads that you could do the hair and makeup. Didnt have the real one, I had a copy one which had dark hair. I loved it, had it for years till eventually i had cut the hair so short it wasnt worth keeping. I do remember getting a baby doll and moses basket and i hate to admit it though i was around 11 when i got that.

We always had board games and I always get 1 or 2 for the boys every year too. This year they are getting the Irish monopoly and a football one(think DH wanted this more).

I got a dolls house one year, a massive one. Found out years later my dad had made it and my dad and my nana had made all the furniture for it too. Its still in the attic at home. Mam kept it incase i ever had a girl.

noeleenw

was ellaroo a wuzzle too? my brothers loved the get along gang with montgomery moose etc and he man and the masters of the universe so much so that he took adam as his confirmation name – he mans name. 😉 do you remember the panto in st peters hall in drogheda

Happymammy

😆 😆 Masters of the universe! ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!!! 😆
    I got a cd rack one year that could hold up to a hundred cd’s! This was just after the tape recorder " stop press record and play "straight out of the 80’s! I was thrilled until Irealised i only got one cd of bob marley with the oine song! and a pair of doc martins with multicoloured laces!! 😆 😆 Does anyone remember the lulu parfume era????? God I can still smell it! 🙄 😆

kcireland

just to let everyone know …

The Toy Show will be broadcast on Friday 28th November 2008, RTÉ One, 9.30pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.