GREAT FAMILY DAY OUT… COMBINES FOR CHARITY

Home Forums National Chat GREAT FAMILY DAY OUT… COMBINES FOR CHARITY

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

This Saturday there is a world record atempt happening near Duleek, 100acres, 100 combines…. Its a huge fund raiser for charity. Each combine drive had to raise 1k, kids go free and its only 10 euro per Adult (so only 20euro per family no matter how many kids)
    Just hope they get the weather….. Check out this link
    http://www.combines4charity.com/Home.htm

The garry kelly cancer centre is one of the charities so you will be supporting a local charity and a day out to boot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

scole1

was looking forward to this then realised we’re away..but have fun for anyone that goes…..my ds would have loved it…

Yvonne

We will definitely be there! Should be a great day out!

yummymummy

Sounds like fun but I dont have J. And for my family it would only cost €10 🙂

munchin
    Participant

Have seen this advertised would love to go but dd is being christened!

Taylor5

I cant wait, all we need is the weather 🙄

Taylor5

Dont know if many mumstown mums went, we got there very very late between one thing and another (dh’s golf running late, stuck behind a car crash, then the road works on the Dublin Road)… it was after 4 when we got there, but it was perfect timing… there about 1/2 an hour before the record started…. brilliant…. then the crowds left and we got to do all the kids things slides, go karts etc)
    Massive turn out and I would guess a fair few pound raised for all the charities…. hats off to the Pat Taffe from platin grain
    There were 175 combines, woudl have been over 200 but 28 didnt have correct insurance so they were turned away, the old record was 57 so well beaten

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

Yvonne

We were there – it was great, the mud was unreal!! DD thought it was great that she was allowed mess in the mud and puddles! The amount of people that brought buggies into the field!! Madness!
    Big sister, you must have been right beside me, got great pics of the helicopter too.

There was a bit of hanging round waiting for it to start alright! Then the traffic when we were getting out!

munchin
    Participant

ha got stuck in the traffic on sat going to drogheda so did u turn and went to ashbourne instead!
    sounds like a good day had by all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.