Great day out in Donabate on budget

Home Forums Dublin Chat Great day out in Donabate on budget

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I had a brilliant day out yesterday with my 3 children and wanted to let other mums & dads know incase they also need a day out of the house due to the hair pulling stress of Easter Holidays!!

Madea packed lunch and barrelled them into the car. Picked up the Granny en route for back up support.

Drove to Newbridge House & Farm in Donabate. (Get off Swords exit M1, really easy to get to)

Took out our packed lunch and had a picnic. Kids ran around as loads of open space.

Went into the farm. It cost €10 for the 5 of us. We spent hour and a half looking at baby chicks, some hatched, some moving around in their little eggs. We patted a donkey and a pony.

We saw baby piglets, a huge bull, calves an amazing array of birds, ducks, swans (white & black), sheep, goats, peacocks etc.

My kids absoloutely loved it. They got up close to the animals and had a ball. I had them in their wellies so they also had the joy of jumping freely in muddy puddles (thanks Peppa Pig!!)

After the farm, we went into the playground and they ran around on the swings, climbing frames etc for another hour.

By the time we got back into the car we were all completely knackered but a great day was had by all.

And it only cost €10 as we brought our own lunch – although we did nab a few ice creams too, so I guess in total, it was around€15!

Not bad for a full day’s activities.

Would highly recommend,
    Siobhan

Gabi’sDad

Hi, we brought our daughter there couple of weeks ago, im surprised we never heard of it before, so close and so nice.

Being spring, it was full of life and energy, gabi had a ball ( mainly trying to pluck the peacocks – even whilst all the older boys ran away, she remained determined to pluck him like a daffodil :-p )

I thought it was fantastic value and very nice staff.

gaz

trixiebell
    Participant

oh sounds good, never been there, might bring the ds’s there tomorrow if its nice out

scole1

you’re joking it’s only down the road great place to go…..

billyboo

Have to agree tis a fab cheap day out![/b]

trixiebell
    Participant

we went today and had a great time, kids loved the farm!!

Didnt get time to go to the playground part, but will go on another outing!!

Brilliant!

ONEFINEDAY

Sounds Fab!!!!
    Might take a trip there for my little fella’s 3rd birthday this weekend – weather permitting of course! 😆
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.