Great day out in Donabate on budget

Home Forums Louth Chat Great day out in Donabate on budget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

I had a brilliant day out yesterday with my 3 children and wanted to let other mums & dads know incase they also need a day out of the house due to the hair pulling stress of Easter Holidays!!

Made a packed lunch and barrelled them into the car. Picked up the Granny en route for back up support.

Drove to Newbridge House & Farm in Donabate. (Get off Swords exit M1, really easy to get to)

Took out our packed lunch and had a picnic. Kids ran around as loads of open space.

Went into the farm. It cost €10 for the 5 of us. We spent hour and a half looking at baby chicks, some hatched, some moving around in their little eggs. We patted a donkey and a pony.

We saw baby piglets, a huge bull, calves an amazing array of birds, ducks, swans (white & black), sheep, goats, peacocks etc.

My kids absoloutely loved it. They got up close to the animals and had a ball. I had them in their wellies so they also had the joy of jumping freely in muddy puddles (thanks Peppa Pig!!)

After the farm, we went into the playground and they ran around on the swings, climbing frames etc for another hour.

By the time we got back into the car we were all completely knackered but a great day was had by all.

And it only cost €10 as we brought our own lunch – although we did nab a few ice creams too, so I guess in total, it was around€15!

Not bad for a full day’s activities.

Would highly recommend,
    Siobhan

Sabrinab 08

that sounds great.. just wish the weather would pick up so we could get out with them.. i swear if i hear " im bored" one more time this wk 👿
    My youngest(3) just keeps singing, "rain rain go way’ 😆 😆
    Have to admit im bored too, would love to bring them to donabate or Argillan. the park up there is fab too and the same thing, bring a picnic and cheap fun day out 😀

Taylor5

Its a lovely spot, the day we went ds only wanted to walk through the forest, so it was a FREE day for us.

We went to Oldbridge Estate last weekend and its well worth a visit, we had football and frisby then for a walk along the canal. We got there after lunch and left about 7pm!!!!!

scole1

love going to newbridge the farm is great and the playground since they’ve done it up is fab….ds loves, it….great for family day out we had a bbq on paddy’s day there and had lovely walks and that but great to go for the day……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.