Good hotel for a very rare romantic break pls!!

Home Forums National Chat Good hotel for a very rare romantic break pls!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

As it says in the heading – all recommendations greatly appreciated! Rarely get away and its for a BIG birthday!!! :D

Thanks so much!

Sweetypie

munchin
    Participant

We went to Hotel Kilkenny for mine last November, I love Kilkenny and it was a rare treat to get away on our own and Kilkenny is not too far. The hotel was lovely and resaonably priced – we had one meal in the hotel and then booked a lovely restaurant in Kilkenny for our dinner.
    Enjoy and Happy Birthday

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone is nice especially if you like swimming pools as it has load sof different massaging things in the pool & jets & stuff & i think on certain days of the week you can go to the spa for free.

(it is quite a family hotel so maybe if you are trying for a romantic break you may not want to be surrounded by kids!)

Fota Island hotel is fantastic aswell but maybe its a bit far?

Lyrath Hotel in kilkenny is nice aswell.

Im sure you will enjoy your break where ever you end up.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Farnham Estate is gorgeous and there are no kids allowed in the pool & spa, which I think is fabulous! Every so often there are times when a mammy & daddy need to get away with out the little ones for some R&R and this is a very romantic place for that.

The rooms are gorgeous (if you can get upgraded to a suite, even better they are stunning!) and the restaurant is gorgeous and the bar downstairs is fab and the scenery is beautiful and they have a pool which is 60% indoor and 40% outdoor and is amazing. You can literally be in the pool outside surrounded by the Cavan countryside.

My hubby and I went here last year without the kids and we had a fabulous and very romantic time.

Loved it – they have deals on all the time too, check them out at http://www.radissonblu.ie/farnham-estate-hotel

If you ask for Philip and mention you saw the recommendation on Mumstown you might get a discount, they are so nice to deal with. Highly recommend and close to Dublin etc.

And enjoy the celebrations!!!

Taylor5

We went to the Slieve Russell in Cavan, so nice… an up grade to a junior sweet and dinner in Nevin Maguires in Blacklion

Sweetypie

Thanks girls – any other suggestions please?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Fota island Spa & resort in Cork is stunning and the spa is amazing. Really amazing. I could have spent all day just in the hydrotherapy pool room, it is brilliant. I felt like a big kid playing in the current and gettiny myself swept away inthe lovely water.

Again, no kids allowed in the spa and they run summer camps, so if you are bringing the kids they can go to summer camp from 10am-3pm for I think 10 euro for the day and you can chill out at the spa.

they also have complimentary kids clubs from 7-10pm, so the parents can have a quiet dinner if they want some peace!

It is a really beautiful place, we loved it when we went there a few weeks ago. So luxurious and with the M8, easy to get to.

http://www.fotaisland.ie/

Jedt
    Keymaster

The Carlton in Westport is lovely too, they have the C-Spa which is very nice and Westport is such a fabulous spot. I love it there, its a buzzing little town. See them on http://www.carlton.ie or for special offers for Mumstown members, contact Jacqui on Jbissett@carlton.ie / 01-8667555

HTH – Happy hols!!

Sweetypie

Thanks for suggestions ladies!

SP

Jedt
    Keymaster

Did you get sorted? where are you off to?

Have to say, love Westport & Bunclody & Cork….so many fab places to go in Ireland 😀

We are off to Ballinasloe in a few weeks for amini break – kids cannot wait. We are doing the Carlton Mini explorers break, so family friendly!!

trixiebell
    Participant

The Canal Court Hotel in Newry is just fab 🙂 we had our wedding reception there 12 years ago, and recently went back for an anniversary, we sent them an email, and got upgraded to a suite, which had a seperate living room, jacuzzi etc, it is just fab 🙂 and then ur on the door to great shopping too 🙂

ruby

if its romance and relaxation ur after i would recommend kinitty Castle >>>>>fab place and its in the middle of the mountains so zero distractions…..we got a great midweek deal …

The Cliff House Hotel in Waterford is really into their food and have great views can be expensive, Farnham Estate in Cavan do some great deals! Wicklow is another great option although only stayed in family places so can’t recommend a romantic spot!

Taylor5

if its romance and relaxation ur after i would recommend kinitty Castle >>>>>fab place andits in the middle of the mountains so zero distractions…..we got a great midweek deal …

An old friend got married in Kinitty Castle earlier this year, stunning place…. i would love to bring my dh away for a weekend, i know what i’d be going for but he would have other ideas, he would have the golf clubs in the boot 🙄 😆 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.