girls ear piercing age??

Home Forums Newborns, Babies, Toddlers, Kids, Teens! girls ear piercing age??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Donomum3

just wondering my dd will be 8 in four and bit months and has been asking for a long time to get her ears pierced.i have agreed to get them done in the next few weeks but i am getting a bit jittery now.i didnt get mine done till confirmation age and i fainted after it. i know most of the girls in her class have them done. opinions ??? is it a good age or should i try hold off a bit longer?? also where is the best place in drog to get them done.

munchin
    Participant

i’d be interested in the replies on this one as my almost 7yr old asked me about it for the first time on Friday – I just put her off this time with when you’re older 🙄
    I was 7 and persecuted my then 8month pregnant mother to get them done – I had thought after dd’s communion when she’ll be 8.5yr but hubby disagrees – hmmmmmm

Jedt
    Keymaster

We waited until our daughter was 8 and she was fine getting it done. We had no problems at all.

I was nervous too but she had been asking for years and I finally relented.

Her younger sister turned 6 during the summer and we allowed her to get hers done too – because her sister had been grand and because she begged us for 6 months after her big sister had it done.

Personally, 6 is the youngest I would go and my girls are so happy with them.

HTH

Fabienne

My daughter was 7, she asked for it. Told her it is painfull and ears will need lots of care daily for a while and can be a bit sore.
    She knew and agreed to it so we did it.
    But because it was her choice and at 7 you can make that can of choice (accept pain and care).

Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

think i’ll stick with after her communion – that way she’ll be 8.5yrs old and as you say it’ll be her choice etc……..she’s only a year and half or so to wait 😉 mind you it’ll probably take us all that time to persuade her daddy! 😉
    Thanks guys..

CaliGal

Had my two girls done at 12 weeks..but it’s a cultural thing as my mom is Vietnamese and they do it in the early weeks. I personally don’t see what all the fuss is about and making kids wait..

They are more infection prone the older the kids are as they handle the earrings and introduce germs that could lead to complications. Never had a problem with my two girls.

Also make sure they get 2 people to pierce the both ears at the same time!

Donomum3

Thanks for the replies!!Think will go ahead and get them done!!what difference is waiting a few months going to make!! yeah i know in alot of cultures they are done as babies .going to jewellers .prob do one ear at a time. i remember as a child my bestfriends mothers done hers with a hot darning needle and a cork. she never had a bit of trouble with them.

Donomum3

well..bit the bullet .all done and shes delighted. they look lovely. :no problems.one ear at a time.she was grand.heres hoping they heal well now!! 😯

Jedt
    Keymaster

Just make sure to turn them every day or two and keep the area clean. And make sure she does not push the backing into her ear – I know some girls who kept fiddling with them and backings got stuck!

Glad it went well. I was worried beforehand too but our girls were great after getting it done

Donomum3

Thanks Sabbi.they actually told me not to turn them.cleaning twice a day and make sure to dry them after cleaning.shes very good not fiddling with them at all…for now!!

Yvonne

Glad you decided!

Our DD was nearly 8 getting them done, she too had been asking and we got them done just before her commununion – took her Daddy a while to come round before hand!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.