Getting Fit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

I used to be very fit and trim – I was 9 1/2 stone from aged 16 to 30. Then I got married and had kids!!! My kids are 4 and 2 – when I am not working, I am minding them. My hubby works shift – which changes on a weekly basis and can include the weekend.

I want to get fit again. I need to tone up mytummy – two years after last baby – but still not sorted. I used to walk a lot but there are not a lot of footpaths around here and the traffic is very heavy. Also, the kids want to walk but walk so very slowly. Classes are generally out because you have to pay in advance and turn up at a set time every week.

So very unfit now – so need to start slowly and build up. What do other mammys do? How do you get motivated again? Is there anything around that you can just come and go at different times and pay as you go?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Mammycool

Laura will reply when she gets a chance but I thought I’d drop a quick line about AGY – Anti Gravity Yoga – anyone who has tried it, finds it absolutely amazing. Its a brilliant workout but one where you have a smile on your face for an hour and a half.

Have a quick look at this thread: ANTIGRAVITY YOGA discount for Mumstown

From a personal point of view, I can’t recommend it enough and everyone else who’s tried it seems to echo those views.

laura

hi Mammycool,

thanks for your post.

If you have the determination to get fit that is half of the battle won..now we just need to find something that will suit your hectic schedule and that you enjoy.

At labfitness we have lots of mammies with the same problems: shift work and not being able to commit to do the same session every week…so we have a couple of solutions

1. Almost all of our classes (except pole fitness and antigravity yoga) can be done as pay as you go..so no need to book or pay in advance, just show up on the night 5 min before the class…we have morning and evening classes catering from total beginner to marathon runner..so im sure we can find something to suit your needs. Price for pay as you go ranges from 7 to 10 euro per class.

2. We also have an ‘8 class pass’ that costs 60 euro and allows you to come to any of the classes whenever you want over the period of 6 months, so it works out cheaper than pay as you go.

If you let me know exactly what your fitness goals are i will be able to recommend a few classes for you to try.
    🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

I can highly recommend Lab Fitness too, not only do the classes really work but they are so much fun as well. You really work up a sweat but its always fun and the music is great too,which help motivate as well.

I walk regularly too, leaving the car at home and walking to the shops can make a difference as well.

once its in your head you’ll do it, making the decision is half the battle so you’re already half way there.

Good luck and keep chatting on here as you go, there is lots of support for you!

mammycool
    Participant

Oh, sounds good. Where can I get a timetable? and where exactly are you based?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Lab Fitness have an advert on the site, to your right, the one with the pink lady, here is the link: http://labfitness.com/

all their details, directions, timetables are on there.

Laura will be at the Bagel Bar Tuesday morning at the Mumstown get together, if you would like to have a chat with her there. She is really friendly and approachable and is a mum herself so she knows whats its like!

HTH

laura

hi mammycool,

you can get the timetable on http://www.labfitness.com

we have 2 locations in Drogheda;

1 in greenhills and the other one in Mell

mammycool
    Participant

Ah – will have to put my glasses on – looked up and down those ads and missed that completely!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am very familiar with lab,the classes are of a really high standard.

strampoline

hey, its seem that we both are having same condition, I also want to become fit and I was finding the way for it. Earlier I thought of going to GYM of any fitness center but many of them told me to reject that idea. But then one of my friend told me to do yoga or go to any yoga classes and told me the about the benefits of yoga. So on the next day I join yoga classes and now after 3 months I had reduce 6 kg of weight. So if want to become fit then I advise you to join any yoga classes or else do running, cycling, or else do some physical exercise everyday early in the morning.

fitness Miami

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.