Gas and Esb bills…

Home Forums National Chat Gas and Esb bills…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Hello girls
    having a rotten 6 weeks the amount of large bills is just shockng… love january :roll:

have car tax on 2 cars nearly 600 each.. credit card thank god only 150! (lowest in years as i clearedit before xmas) Tv licence 160 or 170…. right they are kinda all fine but it the two utility bills im wondering about.

Changed to Bord Gais before xmas had to ring and they said they sent a bill jan 13 never got it a week ago they said they would re issue a bill but a week on no sign of the bill… they did give the price of 267 over the phone. I do use my dryer everyday but think this sounds a bit on the high side… but I did buy one of those oil rads to heat ds’s room at night, with his lungs cant let his room get cold or his breathing goes nuts…. i havent got a bill so i cant read the meter iykwim.. would love to know what other xmas esb bills were like.

Also got the gas bill its 370, i think this is okay…. was kinda worried about the gas bill as the heating was on 24/7 during the cold snap and over the xmas… so a good solid 6 weeks use…. my bills last year for the same period was over 500euro but all teh decreases over the past 12 months would make up for the difference n price…..

im depressed… was planning on raiding the bank account to buy myself something for op trans final… but it will be a raid on the wardrobe instead but i might be surprised and find something that fits me :roll:

So my question is what was the average esb and gas bill over the cold snap

Yvonne

Taylor – its horrible getting the bills in just after Christmas!
    We don’t have gas… got our ESB bill in for over Christmas and it was €250… bit higher than normal…. but with all the lights up at Christmas it was expected…

Fabienne

it’s always tough when all big bills at the same time.
    Fabienne

Taylor5

Ah well then that sounds okay, we had our light up from early dec…. sounds normal so Thanks

yummymummy

I hate the jan/feb bills too!!!

My gas bill came in at 180 which im quite pleased with..its been on constant during the cold snap.

ESB is around 70 (as took a reading myself to do a rough estimate ) which once again is grand.

I pay tv licence by dd and that came out in jan, car needs to be taxed since end of jan and that hasnt been done yet haha aw well

rossylisa

Its depressing alright. we had the car and van to tax, tv liecence is up …dog liecence is up ….bins are up this week. on top of all the bills 😥 😥 😥 😥 wish the money fairy would come to me 😥 😥 😥 😥 😥

Taylor5

I went to the atm too 40 euro out.. put 20 petrol in the car got water and sunday papers… so 25 euro. went to playcentre 6euro.. needed to top up by 20 so back to atm for another 40 euro… i know I got petrol and topped up but feel I have nothing for my 80 euro… if i take another penny from the bank dh will have stroke…
    just noticed that dh’s car tax isnt due till the start of next month so that grand… im not a broke as i thought 😯

beams

Taylor 5 – dh switched us to airtricity and its working out at 48 euro a month. Xmas gas bill was 220 but would normally be half that – i dont use dryer at all except in emergencies – although downside is clothes drying everywhere 🙄

Taylor5

im with bord gais for electricty… wow i really have a massive carbon foot print! you live near babs dont you so a big house to heat etc..

beams

No – live in highlands – near st. olivers community college – 3 bed semi d – not big at all – even though i moan about the lack of space at time 😡 its handy for heating and keeping bills under control.

Taylor5

Ah i noticed when i moved from a 3 bed semi to 4 bed detatched it made a difference not a massive one but one all the same… i have 8 rads downstairs alone… had the same in the whole of my last house so the bills are a bit bigger

Martina
    Participant

I was in a position once where both car taxe’s and insurances and house insurance were all due in the one month and was finding that particular month crippling every year.

Someone advised me to move a couple of the due dates. By taxing the cars for 3 months and only paying 6 months house insurance, I split the bills up and although it did cost a few quid dearer that particular year, it was well worth it, more peace of mind!

yummymummy

I pay my tv by dd quarterly 40 which saves on the once off payment…well it helps me 🙂

gas and esb i pay 10 a week so i dont tend to actually pay a bill iykwim….they either in cred or due money but the weekely money will pay the outstanding amount due.

its the stooooopid car tax i hate paying, the roads are a mess and im forking out 80 every 3 months for nothing!!!

oh and for household, i founf getcover.ie the best last year when i was renewing mine.

taylor would ya not turn the rads off or even down in the rooms u barely use??

Taylor5

no we use all the rooms now…… never into that anyway!

Thats what im doing with the car tax, going to do dh car for 3 months just to split the jan feb stuff up

munchin
    Participant

june is my bad month car tax, dh insurance etc etc
    But on the electricity – i paid € 155 in Dec and the bill just in € 220 😥 😥 dreading the Gas!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.