galaxy fun centre swords

Home Forums National Chat galaxy fun centre swords

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scole1

if anyone is looking for another fun centre to go to there’s a new one well new one i heard of in airside swords great place, was packed today but ds had a ball, he got really adventerous (sp), it’s 5euro for under 4 for 2hours and a drink coupon for the kids and 8 euro for over 4yr olds……he’s gone to bed early tonight wrecked after all his running about…..they have a cafe there too lots of tables but if packed can be a nightmare, for those with older kids upstairs has leather couches large tv and so relaxing so you can sit up there, but for those with smaller kids best bet is downstairs….

Canucklass

Going there on Sunday for a 2 yr olds bday party! Looking forward to it now after your description!
    Cheers 😀

scole1

should be good, peeked into one of the party rooms and they have face painting freshly cooked food, pizza chips etc, but cooked while they’re playing not reheated iykwim, and they had music and were doing party games…..

mumof2

Do they have a web site.

MissyG

yeah i brought my ds there about 3 times & he absolutely loves it – says its his favourite of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so reasonable & i like the layout, the coffee shop is between the door & the play area itself so its easy to keep an eye on the kids & not worry about them slipping past you out the door! 🙂

scole1

yeah you can watch them handy and alos you have to press a door open button that’s high up to get out which i great too so means they can’t escape

gemmal

Hi was just wondering is this place in airside itself, is that the place with smyths and harvey normans??

scole1

yeah it is it’s across from them it’s in between the hotel and the car garages, there’s builder’s boarding up if you pass the hotel on the right then turn right when ya see the boards up, it’ll have dance stucio something on the boarding it’s in there….then you’ll see galaxy place

Canucklass

We went to a party there yesterday. Facility was great but we were not impressed with the staff at all.

Great play area!

happymumblemum
    Participant

why canuck?

Canucklass

Well firstly the staff are dressed in everyday clothes or sweats which I do not think is right. They should be in some sort of uniform with the company badge and perhaps staff on the back so both kids and parents can easily identify them in case of emergency etc etc. There was a teenage boy sat behind us reading a paper tilted back on his chair and he made us feel uneasy because he didn’t seem to be with anyone and in sweats he looked like a scally (call me a snob). It wasn’t until another teenager came up to him and they went into a locked room that he appeared to be staff. Why on earth he was having his break in that particular spot is beyond me.

Also the teenage girls who were in charge of the party were barking orders at the kids and even made us adults stiffen to attention. I appreciate what they are trying to do but there are other more creative and appropriate ways to engage the attention of young kids.

We just found them rude and lacking in enthusiasim for little people which I don’t think is asking too much.

Generally speaking the food and the party games appeared to go down well.

My opinion

scole1

i didn’t think there was anystaff on the floor to be honest i didn’t see any obviously now i know why not easy to identify, i thought that odd myself, usually you see staff with uniforms it was so hectic the day i was there i assumed that they were doing the parties……god sorry the staff weren’t great for the party and teenagers who are doing parties should be trained to deal with the kids, as i said i only peeked in but i too would be of the smae opinion……my ds loved playing there and would go again try not to go on a busy day as the place was manky…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.