Gaelscoil an Bhradain Feasa uniform??

Home Forums Education Gaelscoil an Bhradain Feasa uniform??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Went to get some more uniform items today (its a never ending challenge with 3 kiddies going to school in September and astronomically expensive too :x ) but could not find a cardigan for my daughter in her size. We went to Pat O’Farrell in Swords and the girl I spoke with said she would order it in and that it would take 2 weeks – I said I would look in Drogheda but she said not to bother because nowhere has them?! She was quite adamant I would not get it anywhere else.

So, looking for advice to see if any mums know of a shop in Drogheda that has the Gaelscoil cardigans in? I need size 28 for my daughter.

I don’t want to have to go all the way back to swords for it – and the woman in the shop was quite snippy about it, so honestly, would rather give my business to someone else!

I wish there were no crested uniforms…it must be so nice to go to M&S or Dunnes or Heatons etc for uniforms!!! Not to mention a lot less expensive…

Fabienne

Or if they could sell the sew-in crest.
    No delivery charge if your order online the cardigan.
    I also think because they have the exclusivity for the uniform they don’t want you to shop around and try to find nearly the same for a better price.
    If you can’t get it ontime for september, you can have my daughter’s old one (still ok) until you get a new one. Let me know.

My kids will start the year with only 1 uniform each + track-suit for PE day then we’ll see if we can manage or if we need to order some more.

I’m still chasing some books 🙁

Fabienne

dervy

I know the Children’s Shop next to the Mooreland on West Street sold them last year, and there is a men’s shop next to Eagletons on Shop Street that have the uniform in the window, I presume they do the cardigans for girls!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks girls, I’m on the case!! Will have a check around on Tuesday after our Bagel Bar coffee morning.

chewieodie
    Participant

A gal on Facebook said that she picked up the uniform at the uniform shop just up from Wogans…. cream shirts etc… 4.99 and the rest of the uniform too…. much cheaper… 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

That must be the little clothes shop on Shop st, across from the church where the communion mass was held. will be in there tomorrow after out Bagel Bar event to check it out. Thanks chewie. 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Today went to the clothing shop for uniforms on Shop st, they were out of stock of what I needed but told me they will have more Gaelscoil uniforms back in this weekend.

while I was in Drogheda with her, decided to chance the Children’s shop on West st to see if they had it. They were really friendly and helpful and found me the cardigan – so after all the looking I decided to just buy it there and then and I was delighted when they charged me only 12 euro!

Was chuffed with this price because it is 21.50 in O’Farrells in Swords so while I was there, picked up a jumper for my son, also 12 euro. So got both for 24 euro.

That is by far the cheapest I have seen them. Sorry that I spent 22.50 on a jumper for him last week but glad to have found they are much cheaper locally in Drogheda and will buy local from now on.

Uniforms are so expensive and to get them half the price locally was a great find and wanted to pass that on to other parents. 🙂

dervy

Glad you got sorted Sabbi, I was in myself today. The price difference is unreal! The Children’s Shop don’t do the tracksuit, but Best Wear will have them in this weekend, in case anyone else is looking for it.
    😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.