Gaelscoil An Bhradain Feasa / icy roads

Home Forums Education Gaelscoil An Bhradain Feasa / icy roads

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

but unless a miracle thaw happens we still have to drive on those icy roads to get there 2moro…DH is there in morning but wont b in afternoon so hope it wil thaw a bit…great schools are working to get things clear..

i was only saying before it got so bad…would be more than happy to pay say 10 euro towards grit supplies to keep school paths safe..if we all did that sd keep us going for while…& of course additional hands wd b needed to help grit etc…(heard grit was 10 euro a bag in woodies) but sure it wd b cheaper suppled in larger amounts….

scole1

apparently council are now supposed to supply grit for communities, i don’t know if this applies to schools though, it should

Fabienne

I’m not worried about the school itself. I know they worked on it, thanks to gaelscoil and parents.
    But I’m worried about the access roads. There is a hill from where I come from….

Anyway my husband had to take the car, so my kids stayed at home. A friend came to collect us so at least the had a playdate.

The car will be home tomorow, so I’ll drive. If the school opens, heard they had no water, they’ll try to fix it for tomorow.

Thedrop-off was well organised, but how about the collection?Did parents arrived early and wait or was it extended collection times for parents?
    And my plan is to stay on the school ground to wait for kid number 2. If we’re late already in the morning she’s not leaving 1 hour early in the afternoon.
    And I’m not driving up the hill twice.
    But we’ll see in the morning.
    The snow can change road conditions. It’s a the moment less slippery.

chewieodie
    Participant

Fab,
    I dropped my ds later this morning, just because I had dd in Montessori and didn’t want to have to do two trips…. probably do the same again tomorrow if the school stays open. Otherwise I’m on the road 4 times.

But, the system did work…. parents were a little staggered in the collections…. I was a bit early, once again coming from dd school…. so i picked ds up a few minutes early….

Fabienne

Thanks for info.

It’s lovely outside, I love seing real light snoflakes drop.
    Keep looking at the window. I’m happy.

Just had to cancel my work on wed, because of lack of school bus, can’t ask someone to take the responsability to drive my kids back from school so I can work.
    They do understand.

Fabienne

Fabienne

Gaelscoil closed tomorw tuesday 7th dec.

At that rate next time school will be open will be in the new year 😆 😆

Maria30

Oh Fabienne dont even joke about that. I ll definitely be in the funny farm if ds1 doesnt go back to school til January 😆 😆

Taylor5

Gaelscoil closed tomorw tuesday 7th dec.

At that rate next time school will be open will be in the new year 😆 😆

I know… 2 week and 3 days and the kids break up for xmas break, i think we can write the rest of this week off…. so just back for a few days 😆 😆 😆 😆

Maria30

Oh God Fabienne I didnt even realise the Christmas holidays were so close. I was actually looking forward to getting back to normal today but now everything has been cancelled.

No Jo Jingles, no school, no Mumstown coffee morning. I have acupuncture at 4 so hoping that will go ahead.

NO MORE SNOW PLEASE

kellie

hi all was just checking donacarney website schools open tomorrow yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabienne

Gaelscoil open tomorow. Parent / teacher meeting, our is at 8am.
    It will be fun to get kids ready to make it on time for 8!

Next step will be school bus. Can’t wait for it.
    A step at the time 😀

Taylor5

Le Cheile still closed due to health and safety regarding the grounds in the grammar school, think a few accidents today, so Grammar school choose to close tomorrow, so we are staying closed too

Fabienne

Gaelscoil open, and now school bus running tomorow!
    yippee back to normal.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Great about bus being back tomorrow! Will make our morning much easier!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.