Gaelscoil An Bhradain Feasa / icy roads

Home Forums Education Gaelscoil An Bhradain Feasa / icy roads

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

Fabienne,

The scoil is hoping to open tomorrow and they have asked for parents to come to the school area today, to help clear the roads around it (that just goes to show how bloody rubbish the council are!!)

They are asking for volunteers to go the scoil, with shovels, from 3-5pm today and hopefully, they can open in the morning.

There is no news about the school bus yet, still waiting to hear from Bus Eireann about that.

Fabienne

My kids are going to the gaelscoil, but with the weather we have some roads are okish some are so scary.
    Does anyone know if the school will be open on monday?

I’m checking the website for Le Cheile (near the gaelscoil) because it’s up to date.
    Am I right to think if Le cheile don’t reopen on monday the gaelscoil. My kids are on the "holiday rythm", go to bed late (9pm), should I put them to bed early for monday morning?

The roads around me are bad, if the school bus doesn’t come I won’t drive my children, I’m too scared.

If anyone have some info let me (us) know.
    Thank you.

Fabienne

Just got the text. Don’t have a shovel, won’t go.
    Just asking myself, could the school change her opening times? like 11 to 4, so the roads would be safer.

Even if the paths around the gaelscoil are better, the Donacarney road is deadly, not much better along the river.
    I drove both yesterday at 1pm (best time of the day).

The turn to the gaelscoil from car wash is very bad, and from Marsh road it’s a bit better but the Mill road has 2 hills (don’t know what they are like).

Wait and see.

Fabienne

They can’t change the school time.
    No bus and the school will be open.

It’s scary enough in my estate. Golf links road is good. Uphill I don’t know.

What do you recon, what is best via Donacarney and bad turn at the car wash for the mill road or along the river?

Please tell me, I’m having stomac cramps just of the idea of driving in freezing morning. Will not try to leave my house before 9.30 anyway.

Fabienne

scole1

do not go along the coast road, past me, the roads a re really bad i will not be travelling on them, the best way is to take it very easy along the roads near donnacarney and then at car wash ok and down that road seems to be ok, but stay away from the coast road lethal i know i will not drive on it until it thaws or the flaming council clear it

Anonymous
    Inactive

don t go tomorrow Fabienne, it s ok to miss another day. Lots of kids wont be here either wait and see.By Tuesday the thawing will have improved the roads hopefully.Whitecross Ns is open tomorrow but they said only for those who can come safely to school so i ll see tomorrow morning.It s starting to be a bit of a bummer, this snow and ice thing.
    Think of all the expectant mothers due this week, the idea of driving to the hospital at night!!

Moonflower

i was same all day fabienne coz DH now gone to dublin with his car & wont be back til late tomorrow nite so that left me with my old car for morning & had already made decision unless it thawed overnight i wouldnt be driving as was feeling sick at prospect especially after seeing the roads today…try not to worry tonight & make yr decision in morning depending on conditions….but would agree with scole the donacarney way seems best way…

Fabienne

I got thta comment form a friend on Facebook
    "we went that way today as wanted to check roads out for school tomorrow (b4 got txt 2 say was closed again) & both were so bad..just solid ice..cant believe they could leave roads like that..especially on a school route with 4 schools needing to use them…supposed to be worse overnight.."

i might keep the kids in.
    Will decide in the morning.
    Fabienne

scole1

go with what you feel comfortable with….if you feel no way…then keep them home….

Taylor5

Think of all the expectant mothers due this week, the idea of driving to the hospital at night!!

Did you see the girl in Wexford or Waterford that the army and Civil Defence had to attend and 2 Ambulances… it took them 1.5 hours to get to her then nearly 2 hours to get her to the hospital, then she delivered her TRIPLETS SAFELY 😯 😯 😯 They just seemed in shock at the whole "getting to the hospital experence!"

Fabienne

Yes I know it’s terrible when emergency services can’t get to you or at the last minute. The level of stress!

At the end my husband went to work with the car, he wanted to check first how it is before he has to cycle.
    Means I don’t have the car today (suits me), kids at home killing each other.

For me to have the car, he has to cycle no choice, that’s why we NEED school bus.
    Tomorow is another day.
    He said roads to Julianstown are ok, drive with care but ok overall.
    Good on M1 but traffic on M1 was really slow and dense.
    He took him over 1h30 to do it (normally 40 /45 min).

A friend went to donacarney road this am, icy but passable with care.

Fabienne

Moonflower

just been out to feed birds in front garden..bitter cold…cant see those roads improving for tomorrows school run…come on sunshine….help melt those roads a bit….

Daisy37

Just so you know, I dropped my kids off at the Gaelscoil this morning and there were no problems at all. The Scoil had a great system, all parents used the roundabout, no parking, dropped kids, there were some teachers along with the principle Siobhan, the kids were brought into Scoil very quickly and parents/cars moved on very quickly.

Well done to everyone involved with removing snow/ice yesterday it worked great this morning.

scole1

well done to gaelscoil, our school has hired gritters and ploughers to make the school area safe, as our school is set on a hill, the only way up is by steep steps and hilly path, other things is from my house to the school roads are thick with ice

Jedt
    Keymaster

if ever there was an arugument for home births its this weather LOL 😆 😆

Fair play to the schools for doing such a good job….the gaelscoil did a smashing job, well done!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.