GAA supporters

Home Forums National Chat GAA supporters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I dont know if this bugs people or if its just me… GAA season in full swing and some of my neighbours kids are running about in Dublin Colours… eh, these kids arent from Dublin :roll:
    Im an ex Dub my kids are baked, born and breed in Co Louth, we dont follow GAA, but if i did buy colours i would buy my boys Louth colours. When my ds starts playing he will be playing for a wee county club not a Dublin Club….. cant understand this

happymumblemum
    Participant

No I dont really get that but here is another one for you …

Conversation goes like this..

Woman to Husband walking down the road in Tullyallen..".look over there why has that house got up a Dublin flag??"( spoken in the most puzzled voice you ever heard..)

eRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR maybe someone who lives there is from Dublin ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

Possibility no????????????????????????

Taylor5

I dont have a problem with people putting Tyrone, Meath, Dublin flags etc on there homes….. but i kinda feel sorry for the kids.
    My boys are from the wee county no matter what way we look at it, we came from Dublin (once upon a time) but now planted our roots in Drogheda……. I wouldnt dream of putting Dublin colours on my kids, would that not confuse the poor kids?
    Mammy where do we live "louth dear" "well why am i wearing Dublin colours"? "oh, just to please your mammy and daddy!!!" 😆 😆 😆

Can someone explain this? I just dont understand it…..then you hear people say "i feel like a blow in!!" 🙄

happymumblemum
    Participant

Watch out for my dd in the future anyways she is a demon on the pitch..mad tackler..just needs to learn who to tackle ..i.e not members of her own team 😆 😆

Taylor5

Watch out for my dd in the future anyways she is a demon on the pitch..mad tackler..just needs to learn who to tackle ..i.e not members of her own team 😆 😆
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

scole1

i actually loved the spirit that was goinabout drogheda everyone so proud also the banter of the rivallary between louth and meath, we being just on the cuspe of both who do you support meath or louth?? but then the results touchy subject, however what does annot me is like said above wearing the dublin jersey (mainly i reckon for spite)

i know people who are from dublin and think dublin is the best place ever, and drogheda even that they live etc here are quick to put it down, ie the hospital, but they are the first to run there if need anything, but also the first to ridicule the place soon after really annoys me…and yes they are the ones that say that they feel like blow ins….

my answer if you live somewhere granted you’re heart may lay elsewhere but don’t dish the place and then wonder why you feel like a blow in…

i’m a dub, proud of where i come from, however this is where i live now and therefore to be a part of something and feel belonging to something, be a part of something and stand up for the place….

rossylisa

My son had a dublin jersery on and Dh had a louth one on. 😆 😆 Mother in law bought him a dublin set in dunnes i just put it on him not thinking they were playing untill i seen dh in his louth one 😆
    But he is a Louth baby,

Taylor5

Rossy a baby is different, i think its very sad for kids going to school and the parents putting Dublin colours on them when they are Louth babies

Well said Scole

Almae

well , i am from meath Navan , hubby is from Kildare , DD was born in Louth but lives in Meath , wonder what jersery we should buy 😉 😉 😉

Taylor5

A sewing machine is what you need, meath on the front and kildare on the back 😆 😆 😆

Almae

My ma said the best to me today , bless her no sense of money 😀
    Buy 2 gaa jerseys , one meath and one kildare and cut them in half and sew them together 🙂 €35 each 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

Taylor5

Thats what i was thinking too 😆 😆 😆

Almae

i said to hubby we’ll wait and see who wins sunday then we will buy one 😉 😉 😉

the UN will be needed between hubby and me on Sunday 🙂

Taylor5

can you get fake ones in the markets or Dunnes or heatons….

Almae

i will keep an eye out 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.