Full Moon this Friday

Home Forums National Chat Full Moon this Friday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi everyone,

I am just at my kitchen sink peeling my carrots :lol: and i looked out of the window and caught sight of the beautiful moon out there tonight….have a look…….

If its clear for the rest of week the moon will get even more wonderful each night..

Every night before DS settles down to sleep, we always try to spot the moon in the sky!

Just thought i would share this, coz as you can all imagine, as my name suggests……the moon is one of my passions….

Moonflower x

happymumblemum
    Participant

yes moonflower my dd loves the moon and was also excited to see an almost full one tonight 😀

Taylor5

Moonflower my ds loves the moon, think itsdue to Bear in the big blue house. Hewas lying on my bed this evening, or should I say last evening at this time. It was about 5pm and he started jumping about and trying to tell me something while pointing out the window…. it was the moon he was getting all excited about.
    Then when it got dark I heard him in the sunroom giving it "Wow" and "Ah" went out and he was standing with his nose squished to the glass in awe, it was sooo beautiful.

I love how kids make you stop and look at the beauty around us, never thought slugs could be so exciting 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

bunnacurry

or the birds singing in the morning. My dd loves to hear the birds underneath the tunnel where the trees lunge forward on her way to the childminders in the morning, especially during the summer. Sometimes the things we take for granted give the most pleasure to a young child.

rossylisa

i love it when there is a full moon and not a cloud in sight and all the stars are shining

before aston village was built there was a load of trees over the wall well the birds where our alarm clock EVERY morning even weekends 😈

happymumblemum
    Participant

Think I have posted this before on here a long time ago but used to love sleeping over at my nannas and getting up especially to hear the dawn chorus it used to absolutely fascinate me .

I love nature and so does dd and all my family.

Taylor5

My ds loves snails and slugs, he picks them up and brings them into me 😆 😆 😆 The joys of motherhood.
    I was looking in the garden today and my clematis (sp) is in flower again…. thats a bit strange to me, must be the mild spring like weather

Moonflower

Nature is wonderful isnt it…….I am not sure about the ol’ slugs Taylor…..but I suppose they are kind of cute in a way……so sweet your story with Ds and moon

Ireland is a fabulous place to live if you are in tune with nature.

Has anyone ever been to see the winter solstice at Newgrange?? Wanted to take DS and DH up to Hill of Tara this year for mid summer but unfortuntately hubby was working…I think things like this are wonderful for children to experience

happymumblemum
    Participant

I would love to go to this , we have all been inside even dd who was three at the time and kept asking where the bears were 😆 😆 so we had to take her out as these Germans were looking real annoyed at us 😆

Moonflower

I think its done as a draw to get a place to go, maybe next year we can find out how to put names in draw?

Taylor5

I heard (dont know if its true) that there is a 10 year waiting list just to get into the draw.
    I know when you visit they do a light show which is very good. Was it last year the weather was very bad for the few days and no one seen a thing due to low cloud.
    Would love to take a trip up to the hill of Tara with the camcorder and camera, as it wont be complete for long….. it will be a motorway! Only in Ireland

Moonflower I dont like slugs, but ds does! All the yucky boy stuff, rotten crabs on the beach, worms, you name it he likes it 🙄

Moonflower

my ds seems to leave the slugs alone, thank god 😀 but he loves his stones and picks handfuls up getting dirt all under nails, very boy thing i think….and the sand…..oh god falls out of everywhere!!

Taylor5

I know my ds is the very same, his nails look like he has been picking spuds
    As for the sand, my ds gets it everywhere 😯 even his nappy ends up full of sand 😳 😳 😳

Moonflower

We used to live very near Hill of Tara and was up there a lot with dogs before DS came along, havent been for ages though…..last time we were there we heard the hunt coming and was so frightened that we were going to get stampeded by horses and hounds, so scary……..

May have to get name down on list for Newgrange……if its that long a wait must be worth it!!

Moonflower

worse place i find for sand is turn ups on trousers, it collects in there and when u undress them, sand falls out, gets me every time! 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.