Frozen Shoulder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Maria30

Hi Mark,

Just wondering if you have any advice on how to ease a frozen shoulder. The doctor gave me anti inflammatories today but just wondering is there any thing else I can do.

Thanks

Maria

Mark Acu

Hi Maria

Sorry to hear your shoulder is giving you hassle

There are a few things you can try. Given the weather at the moment the muscles are probably cold so putting a warm bean bag on the area to bring circulation and blood supply to the muscles involved should help. When using the bean bag have the heat low grade ie that you can leave it on the neck and shoulder area for 10 – 15 mins. There is a slight possibility this may aggravate the condition in that case you use to opposite cold on the area.

This type of problem usually presents itself when the muscles become tense and blood flow becomes restricted. Using the bean bag and heat helps the muscles to relax and restores blood flow.

Feel free to give me a call of mail me back any more questions.

Mark

Maria30

Thanks Mark.

I ll give the beanbag a go later.

Taylor5

Maria i have this plug in infared light thing… its hand held and you just massage the area, i used it on my back for trapped nerves, you can have a loan of it if you want?

Maria30

Taylor,

I might get that off you over the weekend. Its really uncomfortable and sore the last few days and anti inflammatories are not helping at all.

Thanks and I ll txt you bout collecting it

Jedt
    Keymaster

Maria,

Heard thats awful

If you are in a lot of pain might be worth a phone call to your GP to let them know the anti-inflammatories are not working and ask them to send a prescription for pain killers to your local chemist and then you can pick it up today – before the weather turns. You should not need to go see your GP as you’ve been already, they should be able to fax over a prescription for you.

Hope that helps,

Mind yourself.x

Taylor5

will have a look for it, think i put in the attic or somewhere out of the way lol… if you had of texted me i could have dropped today, off to have a bath if i find it after i will spin it down to you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.