Free Range Organic Eggs

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Free Range Organic Eggs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

was just thinking, i have been buying Free range organic eggs from Sonairte farmers market for a while now…I work there on market days doing my Reflexology and buy 2 boxes each time but must increase it to 4 to last me two weeks as they are sold atvery good price… i believe 2.50 per box (for organic free range,local) this is good and they are so so nice.

you really notice difference.

As we are all told eggs are good for us and how we shoudl eat more its reassuring to know you are eating organic eggs but also knowing that the chickens have freedom to move….double bonus….

scole1

only eat free range but must buy locally…..even if times are tough now doesn’t mean that we have to eat crap, shop around and markets like the farmers market are great and food great too….

Taylor5

I can get free range off my brother but I find them too rich and get the trots

Moonflower

Oh taylor!! 😆 😆

yes Scole it does make you feel better knowing you are supporting local community….i did see free range organic eggs in Marks & spencers yesterday… i think 5 euro for a dozen so same price but not sure where they come from…i know if you go to farmers market you can talk to the farmer himself and he will tell you exactly and go & visit his farm to buy them as well…..

even in these tough times i just cant eat a cheap battery egg….

Fabienne

Hi girls,

I recently swap for free range eggs. I’d love to support the local community a bit more, but I don’t go to farmers market (spend too much time on mumstown 😉 )
    But I think I will ask my friend, who goes there to get them for me. And when I’ll collect it, I’ll also get a tea and chat…
    Best bargain ever…
    Real friend.

scole1

no way battery eggs, so cruel….

Taylor5

The thing I cant figure out is where they put the battery?!

Only joking 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

When is the markets on at Sonairte??

LOL @ Taylor!

Moonflower

i know she "cracks" you up Taylor….sorry not as good at cracking jokes as Taylor..always gets a chuckle at her one liners!!

Farmers Market on every other sunday, this sunday 17th & then every fortnight therafter….

Great place to go on a sunday with little ones…they can walk round garden, pop in for cup of tea in coffee shop…gorgeous organic cupcakes…my little boy always has a cake when he drops me off in morning…loves them…usually some play equipment out for small children, large range organic fruit & veg….plants…tarot reader…handmade gifts and crafts…greek olive oil…wonderful….

and if dads are feeling very kind…mums can pop up to the new holistic room to have a mini treatment, neck & back massage, reflexology or Reiki….or take in turns…

I must ask kelly to put separate post up about it as i think its just so nice there on a sunday…especially now with new playground just down road in laytown…can do two things together………

munchin
    Participant

hey where is the market – would love to take a trip out some sunday

Yvonne

Thats great Moonflower, thanks.. might do that this Sunday! What times is it on?

Not sure where it is myself Munchin!

yummymummy

Isnt it out the laytown road somewhere??

Yvonne

Thats about all I know!

yummymummy

You cant miss it, it has a huge sign outside!!!!!!

Moonflower

Yes just after train station if u were making your way back to Julianstown from Laytown…open from 10.30 til 4pm on a sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.