FREE KIDS YOGA+ ACROBATICS CLASSES

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness FREE KIDS YOGA+ ACROBATICS CLASSES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so we are just (literally) back from Paris where we have spend 4 wonderful days training to become qualified in Kids yoga and acrobatics and both myself and Vanessa are mega excited to start teaching!!

The concept is amazing: a non competitive environment where children can develop important skills in a fun way. Even at a young age, children often feel pressure at school academically and socially, plus the added pressure of competitive organized sports. It is easy for girls and boys to become overly self-critical, and lose confidence in themselves as they grow and change. Yoga is a great remedy; there is no judgment in a yoga class about how a child does a pose or plays a game. Doing a pose ‘perfectly’ is not the aim of yoga, which nurtures a child’s inner strength and self acceptance.

This nourishing atmosphere encourages children to relax and have fun while they develop not only strength, coordination, flexibility and balance, but also body awareness, better focus and concentration, and self confidence.

The element we enjoyed the most was the acrobatics!!.. tumbles, handstands, air planes and much more!!

Classes are split into ages : 3-5year olds, 6-8, 9-12. The first class is always free so kids can try it and see if they like it. Parents are welcome to come and join the class and take part ifthey wish (its lots of fun!) but we wont allowed people standing watching as it can be very intimidating for kids.

We will be posting days and times over the coming days, but if interested please comment below.

Laura and Vanessa
    Labfitness

libby1
    Participant

Will this be pay as you go, i have a 11yr old girl who i would be interested in attending, if the time suits…
    Sounds so interesting..

Jedt
    Keymaster

This sounds fantastic – please put up dates and times as soon as you have them!

laura

hi guys, we still have no days and times set, however we are open to suggestions, so anyone interested could you please put day/s,times that would suit and age of kids? classes are 1 hour long.

Taylor5

I seen the photos on facebook, i was PMSL at them, some the the comments were class!
    I would love my kids to try it, one of my kids wont even cycle a bike due to fear of falling, would this class suit him ❓

laura

yes Taylor it would be ideal for him, as we try to remove all fears from kids. Bring him down to one of the free classes and he’ll be able to tell you if he enjoyed it.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Saturday morning anytime after 11am would be good for us! OrSaturday afternoon, anytime before 4pm

I could drop them in and run to the shops in peace!!

twink
    Participant

Friday afternoon would be ideal for me- I have a tall 7 year old who I would love to do a structured class, she is non-stop on the go all the time 😆

PeekABoo

Sounds brill, can’t wait to bring my 3.5 year old – hope she loves it! Saturdays would definitely be the best for us. I guess my 2 and a bit year old is too small yet tho:-(

laura

hi guys!!

we have dates and times set for our Kids yoga and acrobatics classes

They will start the week after the halloween break and during the halloween break we will be offering free classes so all kiddies can come and try them.

The 3-5 year old classes are on Thursdays at 3pm and Saturdays at 10 am
    The 6-8 year old on Thursdays at 4pm and Sat at 11 am
    the 9-13 year old on Sat at 12 pm.

It will be an 8 week course and it will finish at the end of January.

I will have prices ready later on today.

So excited!!! We got the last few bits of the equipment yesterday…so much fun!! 😀

twink
    Participant

brilliant- I’m so looking forward to these….for her

Yvonne

Think I will get DD to try this, she doesn’t do any activities outside of school at the moment, swimming stopped for now and the Beavers were cancelled ages ago and were due to come back but no sign yet..

Sheis nearly 8.5 yrs, so which group would be best??

Taylor5

That sounds good, i would love the boys to try… Thursday is a busy day for me with afterschool, Saturday mornings sound like fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Saturday at 11am is ideal for us!! Can’t wait to let our little ones check it out and run loose and ragged for an hour. Laura may be sorry she agreed to this after an hour of our girls!! 😀

Taylor5

Sabbi she will be saying the same after she meets my boys!! 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.