Free child places

Home Forums Louth Chat Free child places

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sunshineorla

Can anyone tell me what the story is with these free child places in creches? I’m completely clueless. DS is 15 months so would I be looking for a creche for him? Do you have to be a certain age to go to playschool? I read somewhere that they have to submit PPs numbers of the children that are taking up the free places in September to the scheme. I’m not even sure if I am ready to send him so soon and what if I want to send him just 1/2 mornings a week??
    Also I live in Grangebellew. What’s a good place to send him in the area? Could be Grangebellew, Togher, Monasterboice, Dunleer, Termonfeckin, Clogher, any ideas?????
    Sorry for all the questions. Hope someone can help. SOS. :lol:
    Orla C.

pumbainga

i think free ( under new sheme) child places starts from 3.6 years.
    I put my sons name for 2011, he will be 3 then, and in that cretche they take from 2.5 years.
    In play schools they have full time and part time,so if you want only few mornings, i think that can be managed. Any way you need to start with looking for a few schools, and start to check them, go there and speak with owners, teachers, see the place and than you can decide!

sunshineorla

Thanks for that. Cant believe that you have to get your names down so early for the places. It’s mad isn’t it. I just talked to the lady in the creche in Fieldstown and will check that one out. Anyone had any reports about it?
    Also someone mentioned Lucy Sullivan’s creche in Togher , anyone know what it’s called?
    What should I expect to be paying for a morning in a creche?
    Thanks,
    Orla

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its between 3yrs 3 months and 4yrs 6 months. http://www.omcya.ie have all the info on it.

I posted on national chat but was wondering if people are finding it harder to get younger children a preschool place now. Are preschools ‘holding onto places’ for the the ‘free’ scheme.

I think most preschools take children once they are toilet trained or in pull-ups….usually 2yrs 6mths give or take. It has to do with regulations and adult child ratios too as for 2yrs6mths to 6yrs the ratio is 1 adult to 10 children. For 1yr to 2yrs6mths its 1 adult ot 5 children. Thats where the 2yrs 6mths age comes from for starting preschools.

sunshineorla

Thanks for all info . I got a lovely playschool/creche for him in Togher. Lucy Sullivan. Pretty new and she seems really nice. MY cousin also had heard good things about her. Only 40 euro for 2 mornings. Seems reasonable. He made himself right at home when we looked around and didn’t even give me a second glance. Looking forward to September. Cant believe I’ll have 2 whole mornongs to myself and not have to worry about family being able to baysit or anything. WooooHooooooo!!!!! 😀

Sabrinab 08

Ladies im hoping i wasnt the only mum a bit confused about these free places.I rang the number on the leaflets sent in the post today and for the term Jan 2010 your child must have been born within the time frame of march 05 to June 06.I took that to mean that my child turning 4 on the 15th of Aug would only avail of this until she was 4 and 6 months.. thank godnes this is not the case. I had that clarified when I rang. Your s/d just needs to be within that age group when their term begins each yr to be entitled.. Hope this helps as I found it all a bit confusing!! 🙄

Taylor5

Well Im glad the leaflet did you some good, when I seen it come through the door I was giving out yards at how much it must have cost for the fancy booklet…. So Im delighted that it did have a positive use

Sabrinab 08

Taylor funny you should say that but my initial thought was"how f***in much would it have cost to print up all these bloody leaflets!!!!!!!!!!! What a waste of the money they could have left in place for the ECC 🙄 🙄
    Our goverment are sooo clever!! 😆

angelmum

i wouldn’t totally agree that the leaflet was a waste of time cos i had been told that come january would have to pay the dirrerence in whats being paid in sept and jan on a weekly basis.the leaflet kind of cleared that up but all the service has to say is they are getting a danc teacher in one day a week and then you have the choice to pay the extra money.how many mothers are going to say ‘exclude my child from that’,not many i would think.i think the scheme is grreat for paents who’s kids are within the age limit but not so good for parents who’s kids are outside it.they loose out because isn’t the 41euro finished soon.

Taylor5

Yes the 41 euro will finsh at the end of the year…. but dont forget you will be taxed on you childrens allowance too….

angelmum

i also heard only working mothers will be means tested on childrens allowence.is this true.i havn’t read anything about this so maybe thats just another rumour.

Taylor5

Dont know, it was in the snip report but that is just why they recommend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.