Found dog

Home Forums National Chat Found dog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve just arrived home to find an older labrodour (sp?) with a pale coat and a slight limp in it’s front right paw just wandering around our road. I can’t tell if it’s male or female – too much fur! And the number on it’s collar (blue, canvas type collar) is a landline that is just ringing and ringing. I don’t really want to let it wander around as we are fairly close to the busy road that runs past Staffords & Lemongrass so I have it in our back garden at the moment.

Does this dog sound familiar to anyone? I am a bit worried that I am holding it captive and stopping it from wandering home but I wouldn’t like it to leave it wandering the street.

Thanks

MNG

is very sad to know theres another abandon dog 🙁

how is the dog now? ******

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya

It doesn’t look abandoned to be honest. It is in good condition, just limping a little and was very thirsty and a bit hungry. I get the feeling it got out and the owners are at work (still no answer). I put up a sign near where I found it and a passing boy said he saw it wondering around earlier.

The dog is fine though, thanks, happy enough to sleep on the lawn and watch the kids playing. I am just worried about what to feed it and my dd getting attached.

MNG

we feed our dog with nuts she loves them ,,,,,,,, 😛

but she lick some coleslaw from tabletop dh burger ..half was gone… 😳

Anonymous
    Inactive

😆 😆

I am just concerned ’cause it’s an older dog and their tummies can be sensitive. We used to have a German Shepard who could only eat one type of pellets, anything else would make him ill.

MNG

Yr right some dogs dont eat everything ,,,,,,,,my dog eats almost anything she can lay her paws on,,,,,,,, 😆

she eats like a human lol 😆

once dh give her just the t-bone she refuse to eat her food for 1 whole week ,,,,,,,,,,, 😳

Anonymous
    Inactive

The prob with ours was that he would eat anything… a whole mac & cheese waiting to go into the oven once… 🙄 but anything would make him so ill. He could handle an occasional bone but that was it.

I’d just hate to make this poor one ill while he is with us. If we don’t get hold of the owners tonight I’ll have to take my chances with supper. I’ve given him a little bread earlier to tide him over but I figure is they work he probably only gets fed once or twice a day anyway.

MNG

dh told me a dog can eat 24hrs 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably true. Wonder if I should give it something else?

MNG

those pedigree can food …a friend always feed her labrador..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. I’ll give the owners until dh gets home, if I haven’t found them by then, then I’ll pop out and get some.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yay, poochie has been fetched by his caring owner and taken home for his supper. DD now wants a dog 😯 but who can blame her 😀

Taylor5

Ah your very good for looking after it, did it wander off or is it allowed to roam the streets?
    We are getting ds a dog, but when he starts on the potty 😳 😳 😳

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can house train them both at the same time 😆 😆 😆

The dog is kept in an enclosed area with it’s sisterbut in the past little while it has started looking for ways out. The sister seems to stay put. It’s 9 years old poor thing and the limp was arthritis 🙁 That said, the owner was lovely and very concerned about his pet so at least I was happy it was going back to a good home.

MNG

******* Yip Yip Hurray ******

will share with dh the Gr8 news 😀

dh was trying to trim our dog fur again ,,,,,,,,,
    tis time she stay still and let him lst time phew 🙂

pet exhibition was havin dogs for adoption from those rescue ctr…
    i was telling dh lets hav this one but we saw a sign is Booked already by someone

Taylor5 i keep grumble at dh cos we ended up in wood exhibition nearby
    could hav that nice corgie/russel cute little dog only 3 yrs old so friendly keep wagging its tail with a smile on its face 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.