forgotten lunch….

Home Forums National Chat forgotten lunch….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lemonB

If your 11 yo forgets his lunch at home should you drive down to his school and give it to him?

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yes I’ve had to drop down to our kids school a couple of times with forgotten lunches, musical instruments, homework, sports gear etc.

Normally just drop off with school secretary and they send it to kids with minimum of fuss.

Jedt
    Keymaster

yep definitely 😀

Yvonne

Was actually talking about this last week with some friends.

Most said no if the child deliberately forgets the lunch, as one of them would tell her daughter it was there to put in her bag but she didn’t go get it – it was more a tough love, to teach them they cannot forget their lunches.

Fabienne

I wouldn’t. They have to learn and how many times do they come back with uneaten lunch, so no harm if no lunch for once (they’ll probably share with friends).

My kids, 8 and 10, they’re responsabillity is to make sure their homework is put back in bags after it’s done. How many times we did remind them to do it.
    Then earlier this year, I had enough, saw the homework (of my youngest) on the sitting room table, did not said a word.
    Went to school without it. Ask him after his day if he was in trouble for not having it. He said no, I said you should have been in big trouble, hope next time your teacher will be tougher. He did not forget it since, so he must have been in little trouble.
    Of course the weeks before I kept reminding them that at the begining of the year they sign a chart saying few things, they’ll behave in school, be responsible for their work and respect each other (random order).
    Rules were reminded, they did not act on it until the lesson had to be taught the hard way.
    I would do the same for their lunch.

Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

i suppose it would depend on the circumstances – if it was done on purpose i’d be inclined not to bring it down especially if it wasn’t the first time.

If it was a genuine accident then yes i would – i would hate to forgot my lunch going to work.

lemonB

I used to but now I do not, I think they’re old enough to be more responsible. I sometimes find myself saying the same thing over and over again each morning 🙂 if I can wake up at t he crack of dawn to make their lunch then the least they can do is put it in their bags. Honestly kids these days have it so easy, they’re more capable than we give them credit for.

I suppose eventually we all turn into our own parents 😆 but Ican’t help it but to say that this generation is going the wrong way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.