Flying whilst still on crutch(es)

Home Forums National Chat Flying whilst still on crutch(es)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

Hi,

Trying to find out has anyone been or been with someone who flew whilst still using crutches.

My Mom is heading off next Saturday, she’s just had a pin out of her ankle after breaking it early in the year. She’s only using one crutch now for a little bit of support when on uneven ground etc. as she is literally only back walkingon it about a week.

Someone said that she will need a letter from the Dr. to say that she is safe to fly even though using the crutch.

Mind you someone also told her she’d be strip searched because the pins in her ankles will set up the security alarms, lol, should have seen her face!

Jedt
    Keymaster

If you phone her GP they can write up a letter to say she is safe to fly and that she has pins in her foot, as they may set off the alarm.

You can let the airport know in advance that she is travelling and they wil have a wheelchair ready for her if she needs one, some of the terminals are a good long walk now and it might be a bit far for her?

My mam took my nanny away last weekand they got a wheelchair for her to save her too much walking. Mam said the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Hope that helps!

Martina
    Participant

Thanks Sabbi…. wouldn’t do if they wouldn’t let her on the flight, she needs a holiday after the last 3 months. I’ll get the letter organised tomorrow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.