Flogas Natural Gas

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Flogas Natural Gas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Switched over to flogas on Friday, everything stays the same (meter, supply etc) just your bill head changes, its a bit like moving from eircom to bt etc…
    Their gas charges are about 1.5% cheaper then Bord Gas and the supply charge is less, so it works out about 15 euro per bill in savings… its not much of a saving as the margins are very small but 15 is better in my pocket then the gas company.

munchin
    Participant

actually drove past a huge sign on saturday about flogas was going to look into it today – how easy was it to change over & do yuo have their contact details by anychance – as you said €15 in my pocket is better than in bord Gais 😆

ed1
    Participant

Yeah I saw those signs too. Must check this out. As you said Munchin, €15 is definitely better in my pocket. 😀

Taylor5

The number is 1850 306 800 or 9831041.
    All I had to do for the change over was give a meter reading and my gas account number she had everything else on the syster, I got my welcome pack today and there is a form that you fill and send back, easy as pie

Babs

Have said I’d call them everytime I pass and forget by the time I get home..the last bill I got was for just under €200 and that was only until start December..so doesn’t include Christmas period! I wouldn’t mind but we only have it on few hours morning and evening, and use electric heaters in the rooms we are using (supposed to be economical and use less power)..am dreading my ESB bill!!!

Taylor5

I paid my gas bill last month for 420 euro then changed over on the 30th of Jan, I got my closing bill last week which was also 420euro 😯 This was for gas from 5th of Dec to 30th of Jan…… I know I have to pay for the gas but the idea of paying the guts of 900 euro in 2 weeks is s killer…. and all to save 15 euro on my bill.

I dont know what is going on with the gas and esb bills, was listening on the Radio yesterday and one mans bill would alwasy be about 350 euro (for the xmas period) but this year it was 1200 euro 😯 😯 😯 God Im shitting myself for that now as I use my dryer at least twice a day. We will be needing tax relief on our utility bills

So be warned if your changing over watch the date on your bill as you closing bill will be from that date to the date of change

munchin
    Participant

i know taylor i’ve been listening to those stories and dreading my ebs bill – due in any day now – hope it’s not gone sky high. mind you i don’t have a dryer – dh insisted on a dishwasher instead!

mammycool
    Participant

HI girls,

I got my ESB bill during the week – was 137euro. Which is up on the normal but nothing like you guys seem to pay. I have a washer / dryer and a dishwasher. Also, computer, modem, printer, phone and all office equip – on every day. Oil heating which runs via electricity and is on most of the day.

I do not have a power shower – which I believe makes a massive difference to ESB bills. My appliances are nearly 4 years old – washer / dryer is B rated but the fridge and dishwasher are A rated. I think it definately makes a difference to have the higher energy rating.

Happymammy

Got mine €480!!!!!!! I have fairly big house and it takes a while to heat it up! Ive also got them spotlights everywhere! So im going to change all my bulbs to the supersavers or the battery operated laps. Also going to try not use the dryer as much! Just the airer. I had no dryer and dishwasher for a few months last year because they where broke and got new ones in November the difference in the bill. 😯 😯

munchin
    Participant

still haven’t got mine yet – last bill was 170 till mid december. We have a dishwasher but only use it for "big dinners" We did use it every other day for a while when we were doing dd’s bottles in it. Don’t have a dryer always use rads/line/airer. hopefully it won’t be too big a bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.