fitness runners

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    scole1

the outlet sports shop on shop street have some great runners

they have in stock for 30e ones that work your legs, bum etc spring boost

if anyone interested in havinga look

Jedt
    Keymaster

Good to know as its important to wear proper runners for jogging, aerobics etc – if you don’t, your back will hurt pretty quickly (unfortunately speaking from experience)

Taylor5

Good to know as its important to wear proper runners for jogging, aerobics etc – if you don’t, your back will hurt pretty quickly (unfortunately speaking from experience)

Very true, those work out runners are good for just walking about in your day to day life… 30e thats good, will have a look at that price

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is important to cycle your training no matter what sport you are in.Core training, stability, balance training and flexibility are the most important components of fitness for a runner,and the fitness runners really aids in conceiving the best results.

laura

im going to start a bit of controversy …for a change 😉

I really dont know what to make of all this new phase of shoes that claim ‘they do the work for you’, they promise to work your muscles harder than regular trainers, shape your bum and flip flops that burn extra calories!!… many of my clients have been wearing them for the past year so i decided to do a bit of research simply so i could understand the way they work.

Reebok claims that walking in their EasyTone runners results in your calf and hamstring muscles being activated up to 11% more than they would be with ordinary runners and that your gluteal muscles will be activated up to 28% more. Regardless of the percentages that Reebok quotes, walking isn’t enough of a stimulus to transform legs that are skinny or fat into legs that are toned with muscular definition. This would still be the case even if the EasyTone runners resulted in 100% more muscle activation.

In the States, the Reebok tone ads were banned last December as they were found to be misleading the public and no scientific evidence was given to back up such claims. Despite this, I’m sure Reebok will make millions from their EasyTone line because most people are too attached to the prospect of a quick and easy solution.

The other side of the coin is this: most fitness instructors in europe and the States (highly qualified in functional training) and top athletes are all opting for getting rid of runners all together and wearing something called five fingers (i have a pair that i bought 3 years ago)…which in essence is the opposite of the runners above… it is more or less being barefoot, and athletes all over the world are using them for running marathons, fitness classes and all sort of sports. The claims?: as the foot is no longer in a cast (shoe) your mobility and muscle strength will increase, will improve your posture as the heel has been dropped and the weight has been evenly spread, and improves balance and agility.

I’ve never tried fitflops or reebok tone, however i do have a pair of five fingers and may i say my rear has never looked better!! 🙂

I would love to hear your views on this

Taylor5

I’ve never tried fitflops or reebok tone, however i do have a pair of five fingers and may i say my rear has never looked better!! 🙂

I would love to hear your views on this

I will agree you do indeed have a fab rear 😉

laura

ha ha ha…you are mad!! 😉

Taylor5

ha ha ha…you are mad!! 😉
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

mumof2

Just a quick question is the anti gravity yoga any good for toning up? Would love to give it a try…..i see its a pay as you go now 🙂 would suit me…..and the new place is up mell only a little spin away 🙂

Taylor5

Does it tone you…. YES!!! its brilliant, really miss it and need a fix 😆 😆 😆

laura

does it tone you? yes big time…but like with any other exercise regime you have to stick to it for a while to see results… i personally have really toned my tummy (six pack starting to show, which it has never happened before in my entire life as an instructor!)…triceps (aka bingo wings) have toned up a huge amount and also upper and lower back.

Antigravity yoga is not pay as you go, but we do allow people to come and pay for 1 off class to try it to see if it is for them

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.