First time in OLOL A&E…..

Home Forums National Chat First time in OLOL A&E…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JMum

I knew it had to happen one day but tonight was the night. J had a fall at creche and had a cut on his head that was so deep we had to take him to get stitches in OLOL. I have to say the nurses and were great and really helpful but it was such a scary experienence, everytime he went to sleep while we were waiting I kept waking him up because I thought he was going to go unconcious, I think I was worse than him! All good in the end though, he had glue and stitches and now is delighted with his new "sticker" that he has on his head. I can’t tell you how relieved I am, I kept imagining the worse…. so sad really. He is only 21 months and I’m sure I have many visits to OLOL ahead of me yet. Thanks to all the lovely people in A & E, you are great x

Yvonne

Sorry to hear about J’s fall, but glad that he is sorted! It is great to hear the odd positive story about OLOL A&E!!

lilly

Very sorry to hear about j im happy j is ok. Are you angry that it happened at creche or was it just one of those things where it couldntbe prevented.
    Lilly

pinkbabe

Glad to hear Jis ok 😀

noeleenw

glad your kid is ok , sometimes you can just get lucky in casualty , been there enough times myself and you never know what to expect

Taylor5

Ah Jmum sorry too hear your little man cut his head, what did the creche owner say to you?

I had ds in the A&E earlier this year and I couldnt say enought about the staff and treatment we got.

Moonflower

Oh, hope J is on mend , poor little thing……..bless him.

Must of been so scary for you all.

I think we always have to speak as we find and its great to see a positive story from a hospital, gives us all much more confidence, should we ever be in similar situation, which I am sure we will as some stage 🙁

M sends J a big huggy hug and kiss.

Like the others says, i hope creche has an explanation for you as to how it hapenned.

S x

scole1

God poor J hope ok….you get an awful shock when anything happens to kids, i remember when ds fell down the stairs i was hysterical the nurses were so nice and helped calm me down i was crying my eyes out they were lovely…..was up there with my friend too with her little fellow burst open his chin, they were lovely too must say the a&e staff is great, they told her that she may have to wait as there was a very sick person coming in, i know in most Dublin a&e they don’t tell you anything you just end up sitting there for hours on end……my mo also was in a&e and praised them highly compared to when she was admitted to a dublin a7e said the staff were much friendlier and very attentive…..

so thumps up to OLOL A&E department

Taylor5

The A&E in drogheda is in a right state, dont know how the poor staff work there. They only have 2 cubicles for the kids section

noeleenw

i remember being put in to one of these cubicles with a mural on the wall when they closed the door there was dried in vomit etc on back of door imagine what was on the mural that u couldnt see

JMum

Hi All,

The girls at the creche were beside themselves and really worried, apparently he was running to his cot to go for his nap and just fell and hit his head against it. He is like lightening at this stage and I know from experience he is sooo fast. I had to ring them when we came out of A&E to let them know what happened. He is such a lively little boy though it could just as easily have happened at home.

He was so funny over the weekend though he was telling anyone he met that he fell over and his head went " ow" and the doctor put a sticker on it.

It was weird though, I saw that the waiting time was 4 hours but we were in and out in an hour, maybe they still young children quicker?

Thanks for all your good wishes though girls x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.