First scan

Home Forums National Chat First scan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    tulip

hi,

we had the first scan this week and it was amazing. I was convinced my doctorwould not find the baby :-) but thank god she did. Now it feels real and it was great to see the heart beat and arms moving and legs kicking. We could not stop smiling afterwards and the doctor was great. She had loads of time for us and answered questions and gave advice.

To be honest I was very disappointed when I went to my GP a couple of weeks ago. I was delighted that the pregnancy test was positiv and had expected a different reaction from my GP. Okay, I know that I was not the first pregnant woman that ever walked into this room but I would have appreciated a little bit more of a nice reaction.

Anyway all is well and happy now!

joey_rudd

happy to hear you had good news at your scan, it always feels more real after your first scan
    good luck for the rest of your pregnancy 🙂

Taylor5

Congrats on the scan, its such an exciting time.

My doctor told me it was great but some pregnancies end in mc, I was a bit shocked but they have to make you aware of the risks and dangers, he did chill out as the weeks went on and mellowed a bit

mumof2

Hi Tulip,

Its amazing to see your little bundle moving. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Best of luck

Mumof2 😉

noeleenw

well done , i have my 20 weeks scan in 2 weeks when i will be 27 weeks !!!! 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

enjoy tuilip that first scan is so special, i never tired of hearing the heartbeat either – loved it

Yvonne

Hi Tulip – delighted that all went well!! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.
    Oh I know what you mean about the doctor – when my results was positive I was ecstatic but she had no reaction at all…. a smile and congratulations would have been nice!

Canucklass

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your first scan! Very exciting and special experience with plenty more to look forward to!

Wishing you a safe and happy pregnancy! 😀 😀

yummymummy

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! enjoy every moment of it 🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

ah thats lovely

did you get the pic from the scan?

scole1

congratulations on your first scan it really is exciting you then realise it’s really happening to you, i only got one scan and one pic looks odd, hopefully you’ll have more and see your baby grow….all the best with your pregnancy and rest up….

MNG

Hi Tulip 🙂

Congratulations!!! your going be a mummy soon! 😉

scole1

hey tulip i dunno if interested but cool to have a doppler the machine they use in the hospital to hear baby heart spuddy is selling one for 60euro wish she had been selling when i was pregnant over 2 years ago…..

happymumblemum
    Participant

girls these are not recommended for use at home …

noeleenw

why?? 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.