First ‘Meet Up’ of ‘Dads – All Ages, All Stages’

Home Forums Louth Chat First ‘Meet Up’ of ‘Dads – All Ages, All Stages’

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    pookie2

Latest development:

Some Dundalk dads are using the excuse that they have transport difficulties getting to the venue as a reason for not going, so I am calling their bluff & organising a bus out from Dundalk cathedral (& back – sorry ladies, you’re not getting rid of them that easily!!!) on Tues 1st March. Bus will be free although a voluntary contribution of anything (E5 return?) to defray costs would be great from anyone who could afford it.

pm me on this site if interested with name & number of people & contact phone number if possible.

This will (hopefully) be well advertised in local papers.

No excuses now….

Drogheda dads – sorry, lads, one town at a time….

happymumblemum
    Participant

Wow Pookie you are one driven woman 😀 😀

Fair play to you!!!

I may be able to make it up, not sure yet, I will let you know later in the week.

pookie2

Driven! After a post about a taxi-bus! Double meanings everywhere you look these days!

happymumblemum
    Participant

Jeez you are on the ball never even copped on 😆 😆 and you have a baby..there is no hope for my brain 😆 😆

Fabienne

Is it still going on tomorow, or you prefer to start new from the 1st of march?

Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

gosh hope it’s on today dh and the girls are getting ready! dh was using the threat of not going to day on E1 yesterday 😆

pookie2

Was on today. Bit quieter – forgot about midterm etc. However, munchin’s dh & dd1 & dd2 were there, another dad who was there last week also came back with his son, & a new dad with 1 year old twins called in as well. (His two were asleep in the car & he couldn’t face waking them up – understandable!!) And, of course, me & my ds3 were there as well. Great way to share parenting info – from car seats to aqua mats! Basically, the dads who come, come back, coz it is very enjoyable!!

And there were free day passes to Aura today….

Free tea / coffee & bikkies for dads. Come on boys!!

Was contacted by Irish Times parenting supplement today!!!! At least i know that word must be spreading. Slowly but surely….

munchin
    Participant

well done pookie!
    gas we’ve been promise dd1 we’ll take her swimming 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Sorry I couldn’t make it up today Pookie, I am in work later..shame I missed the free swim pass though grrrrr

Will try and come up next week.

Did you have many little stalls there today?

Fabienne

Sorry, could not make it today (forgot dh did need the car)
    Will be there next week, with my little french food stall.
    Now I’m having my tapenade (olive paste) on rice crakers for lunch with soup.
    I’m sure even if it’s known as fatening food (high calories per g), because you need to put so little to give a great taste, it’s very few calories and make my crackers nicer.
    And it’s veg fat, better than butter.
    Will see if it works.

Glad to see new dads coming.

Fabienne

pookie2

No stalls today. I’ll have to hunt down 1. Help Me to Parent, 2. Pinata, Pinata & 3. Erin Crafts. Said they’d come to last meet-up but didn’t make it – sure lord knows what came up in the meantime….

It would actually be a great way for small businesses to meet new audiences – go to parent-toddler groups!!! You have a captive audience, no charges, & know what would interest them… But you’d have to warn them at least a week in advance or they’d prob be like me & have no cash on them…..

Lmfm mentioned bringing a mobile unit there on March 1st, but I’d be mortified if a few more dads didn’t show up. Even with the free transport that day, I think a lot of dads out there are a bit chicken……. (Prove me wrong, fellas!)

pookie2

Hope Gareth & Amelia come back sometime. She is such a cutie….

munchin
    Participant

dh said the girls had a ball! he actuallys likes the place and says even if the coffee morning doesn’t take off he’ll probably take the girls occassionally. I hope after all the work you’ve put into it Pookie that it does take off.
    The monthly meet in bagel bar is on next Tues – dh was thinking he might try get to both – he doesn’t want to abandon Bagel Bar but want’s to support this too!

pookie2

Isn’t it great to have options???!! 😀

munchin
    Participant

only got to post this now but Colm Hayes/2fm was asking today about Father’s Groups etc – don’t know if you want to email / ring them

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.