First full day at creche

Home Forums National Chat First full day at creche

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gismo

Hi girls,

I cried all the way into work. My little man started his first full day at the creche. He is just gone 19 months so is a bit of an upheaval for him. The second we turned into the creche he started crying. When we got inside he clung to me for all his life was worth and cried.

I was told to just walk out and leave him be. I was in a state all the way into work. The creche rang me 20 minutes later and told me he had stopped crying the second I turned out of the driveway…cheeky pup.

But I’m still feeling horrible about it even though I shouldn’t . He stopped crying and he is happy away playing they just phoned me again as they knew I would be worrying.

Anyone ever feel the same or have the same experiences when leaving little ones off at creche? :cry:

yummymummy

defo had the same experience and the same phone call gis 🙂 it will all be fine i swear!!!!!!!

Gismo

Thanks yummy…didn’t think it would affect me so much..i cried all the way into work..it was horrible.

Yvonne

Its tough leaving our little darlings when they are upset…. makes us feel so bad – and we are not! He will be fine once he gets into the routine of things there – give them a call anytime, they won’t mind and it will help put your mind at ease too.

Gismo

Yeah was going to hold out til lunch time Yvonne to see how he is doing. Still feeling horrible over it..but then again could just be monday blues too

Yvonne

And with that horrible weather aswell! It will take a couple of days, then he will be running in without even looking back!!!

Gismo

Yeah had to wake him up too as we have an earlier start so don’t think he was impressed with that either bless him. Its my brother’s birthday tomorrow too so think thats playing on my mind too..will be a very tough day.

Yvonne

It will take a bit of getting used to too, then you will be flying!

Think of all the good things tomorrow – and don’t dread it, it may not be as bad as you think… sending hugs to you!!! ((()))

munchin
    Participant

gismo my little ones first i day i walked over and dropped her in then turned around with an empty buggy to walk back to work – yes i cried all the way too and missy wasn’t upset going in so i can imagine how you felt. BUT it is true they really do only cry for a short time, i’ve seen it in the creche last few months. Sounds like a good creche that they take the time to call you to re-assure you. I got a picture from mine this morning of my little madam with a handbag on her shoulder – she’s only 1!!!!!
    it will take time missus but the fact he’s playing away happily a few mins after you left is great – hang in there

Gismo

Thanks munchin. I rang at lunch time to see how he was and they said there wasn’t a bother on him and he was sitting down eating away at his dinner little pet. He was fine.

ed1
    Participant

gismo, dont worry about him he will be grand. its always the poor mammys that feel worse. i remember when robbie was a playschool, as soon as i turned the corner to go up to the school he would start. the girls used to know when i was coming cause they could hear him. as soon as i left he would stop. when i would go to pick him up again he would start again cause he wouldnt want to leave.

Gismo

Well ed1 you are right as soon as i went to pick him up last night he started whinging and the girls said he was fine and in great form all day!! Cheeky pup. He cried again this mornign but not as much as yesterday

Yvonne

My Mam was always said that, she only acts up when you come in!! Used to drive me mad!

Gismo

I know…..divils they are. He was out for the count at j7.30 last night bless his cotton socks

chipbutty

ah you poor thing i tried my little man in jellytots for 2 days but took him out i work a 3 day wk and found him to upset i know now i did not give it enough time he is 23 months and i have the grandparents minding him, i am going to wait till he is 3 for montossori he is happy with the grandparents so i am going to leave him. ryan was like that also clinging to me for dear life and very upset when i went back for him. The girls told me he stopped crying when i left but i know how you are feeling and it an’t nice hopefully he will settle in for you soon. Just a quick question have you no family member that could mind him for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.