first ever leaving cert exam cancelled since the 60’s

Home Forums National Chat first ever leaving cert exam cancelled since the 60’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    scole1

did ya see that the english paper 2 was given out by mistake today…and it’s cancelled 2moro and rescheduling for sat…imagine why didn’t it happen when we were doing the leaving…and it happened in louth……wooops

yummymummy

Wonder what school it was in Drogheda that it happened. I pity the poor students , has put it totally out of sync for them.

I did english papers the same day and didnt have a prob, i found it easier!!! how is putting english paper 1 and home ec on same day diff, still alot of bloody writing for both!!!!!!

english paper 2 on a sat EEK!!!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I feel so bad for all the kids affected. They were probably all psyched up before the exam and then the school go and made a mistake like this.

You would think the dept education would have a better contingency plan than dragging them in on a Saturday. What about the families that have little ones for communion this weekend – it will be awful for them

What I’m curious about though, is why it took all day for them to find out. It happened first thing in the morning but the dept education did not know until 4pm – very strange.

Still, those poor kids, hope the examiners take it into account when marking the papers!!

ruby

i know a couple of teachers who say that that school is the best in the town…….and no, they dont teach there but they wish they did…….they have great facilities and theres a great school spirit in the place……….

Yvonne

I know not all schools are 100%, but the school is renowned for their dedication to their pupils… and have a look at the DI, a two page spread of rewards to their students who have achieved well during the year.
    And at the end of the day, it was a teacher from a different school who f’d up! So that is hardly the schools fault!

scole1

RIGHT, THINGS GOT A BIT HAIRY HERE, A FEW PEOPLE DIDN’T AGREE WITH A STAEMENT EVERYONE TO THEIR OWN, INFAIRNESS I READ THE COMMENTS AND NOTHING BAD TOWARDS THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY MADE A STATEMENT FIRTSLY….PEOPLE SIMPLY DIDN’T AGREE WITH COMMENT AND THE PERSON WHO MADE ORIGINAL STATEMENT HAD THEIR OWN REASONS AS TO WHY SAID IT AND BOTH SIDES SHOULD BE RESPECTED….

HOWEVER A BACKLASH OF ANOTHER MEMBER IS NOT JUST AND AS MODERATOR I FELT THAT THE BACKLASH WAS INDEED VERY HARSH….REGARDLESS OF RELATIONSHIP TO ANY MEMBER HERE..AND AS A RESULT HAVE REMOVED COMMENTS MADE….

IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IN FUTURE THAT IF ILL FEELINGS FELT ON PARTICULAR TOPICS THAT THEY BE DEALT WITH IN A CIVILISED MANNER AND TONE USED BE CHECKED BEFORE YOU TYPE AS WE HAVE A NICE SITE HERE AND DON’T NEED CRAP POSTED….

ANYWAY REGARDS THE WHOLE TOPIC HOPE THE STUDENTS SITTING EXAMS WILL DO WELL….

END OF TOPIC…..

rossylisa

ah what did i miss 🙁 Scole you big spoil sport could have waited till some of us read it 😈 😈 😆

scole1

sorry guys…. 😉

Taylor5

Scole you are a right bitch…. remove that 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

its terrible for the student and the poor guy who made the mistake, I say he nearly died…… then he did die when he seen that the department found out about the error on facebook or bebo lol
    Its such a stressfull time and Im sure it will push some students over the edge

Bookwitch

well done scole i read the nasty stuff before you removed it and you were right to do so. This is a friendly forum and as a alot of us are local it is highly inappropriate to make comments which upset people you are likely to meet in the street. We should remember to cool the heads before we type. As for the school in question I have heard nothing but good about it, but as I didn’t go there myself as I am not a local just a blow -in I have nothing to say. it appears that the whole sorry mess was just human error. poor kids being stuck in to do do the exam on a Saturday but at least the weather was shite for this exam

scole1

well let’s hope the weather won’t relfect the results……hope they did ok today……

Taylor5

Scole pm me with the gossip….. or tell me tomorrow lol (rossy I’ll pass it on to you lol )

yummymummy

aw crap why does this stuff always happen when im not around, really need to get net at home 🙂

hope all the students were ok on sat and the few jewish ones who did it on sunday. panic over now and timetable back to normal 🙂

Yvonne

My nephew had to sit it on Saturday – he said it was ok, some of the same stuff that they were advised about originally still came up.. so that was good.

Do feel sorry for the guy who messed up, if he hadn’t have tried to cover it up it might not have been as bad… read in the paper that he has left his home with his wife for a while…. don’t blame him.

yummymummy

hope your nephew did well yvonne.

left his home, are you for real, is it really thatbad for him to do that, honest to god thats dreadful!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.