Feeling a bit nervous???

Home Forums National Chat Feeling a bit nervous???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Hi all, just thought I’d put a post up saying what I presume many are thinking! I for one don’t know many people in Drogheda, being a blow-in and all, but I am really determined to get out there and meet other mums and make new friends. When I heard of the mumstown event which is happening next Friday in Dhotel I was delighted but to be honest I am also quite anxious. The thought of walking into the bar on my own, knowing nobody, is very daunting! But then again, I would guess that most of us are feeling that way. Sometimes it can seem like everyone knows everyone else, especially at parent-child groups and events like this, but the reality is that most of us don’t! I think it would be such a shame if many don’t go on Friday because of this…So I just want to reassure those of you feeling like me that you are not alone. I will brave my nerves if you will!!! :wink:

Oh hun your not the only one. I don’t think i’ve been on this for too long to go out and mingle. Hope you go though and hear you had a spledid time. 😉

Babs

NO NO NO…YOU MUST GO!!

scole1

believe me girls you’ll be fine…there are many that have chatted but never met, so we’ll be in the same boat…come to the evening and meet some people and have some fun…what ya got to loose…..babs you met taylor….pm her maybe she could meet ya outside…beyond scarlet….come…..we could arrange to meet ya at the lobby….or something don’t be nervous…..

libby1
    Participant

Yes i feel strange going out and not knowing anyone by their real name….
    But what we all can be brave together…

joey_rudd

you should go if you get the chance to it was nice last year just to get together and chat, i didn’t really know anyone then either, still only know a few people on here but thery are all very nice, they don’t bit (well not unless you annoy them 😆 )

Happymammy

There is no ‘click’ at mumstown. Everyone is in the same boat. If you dont go the first time then you’l will never go and still be in the same boat next time around!
    Ok so what are we all wearing? Red high heels little black skirt black bra with see through blouse???? 😆 😆 Oh and fishnets!! 😆 😆 😆 I bagsy the barman!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

Gismo

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 well i will be wearing whatever will fit over my huge bump and whatever covers my huge butt 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Happymammy

No tents allowed 😆 😆 😆 😆 You could still wear red high heels though!!!! 😆 😆 😆

MissyG

i have the red shoes so i’ll probably wear those!!!! 😆 i was exactly the same until i ended up going to the bagel bar coffee morn where i met sabbi & babs & another lady, i can’t think of her name (thanks a mill by the way sabbi!!!! 🙂 ) & now i’ve gotten over that first hurdle, i’m already looking forward to the next coffee morn next tues & the d hotel of course!!!! sure i won’t know anyone but like u say we’re all in the same boat & it’ll be good craic – i’m looking forward to it!!
    my mum has heard me talking about different things & although i’m here 3 and a half yrs since we moved from dublin, she tells me that now i seem "settled" – and i like it! :):):)

Taylor5

Babs you know me (No smart remarks Happymammy 😆 😆 😆 😆 ) I will be driving and I remember where you live and could pick you up on the way, its no problem at all and you wouldnt be alone going in etc… I’ll pm you my number

Babs

Great to hear I’m not the only one!!! Will be there for sure! 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

Babs , we met before didnt we back at the old coffee mornings?

Any way you will all know me as I will be the one evreyone is hiding from!!!! Have to get a photo of happy mammy scoring the bar man lol lol 😆 😆 😆

Fish nets oh my god ha ha. I only own jeans and work trousers! 😆

Happymammy

Erm me taylor! 😆 She will probably have a nagging of vodka in her handbag!! Mean bit*h! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.