Family Fun Day

Home Forums National Chat Family Fun Day

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Teresa09

Good Morning from Save Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Campaign

I am mailing you today to ask for your support,

We are planning an awareness day filled with fun activities for families.

The aim of running this activity is to gather support for our campaign and to also highlight the continued cutbacks and the eventual total closure of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin.

We are planning this day for the 10th of October 2009 from 12pm to 4pm.

Location Bunting Park Walkinstown Dubin 12

So the question you ask is what I am asking for in support.

The top of our requests is financial support towards running costs for the day,

Insurance costs,
    DJ
    Face painting
    Bouncy castle
    Other family fun activities

We are asking that people donate their services free to us for this important event but in these economic times people are very hesitant to do so.

We will be also asking for members of DCTU, Trade unions, Nurses organizations Patient groups etc to come on the day and support the campaign.

So if you can help us in anyway we will be very grateful.

Please pass this email to all your contacts the more people who see it the more chance we have of getting the support we need.

This event is open to families the length and breath of the country

You can contact me on the below number if you have any questions.

Kind regards

Teresa Shallow: Contact 085 2711401

Jedt
    Keymaster

This is such a worthy cause. In fairness, its actually awful that we even have to fund raise for a children’s hospital but sure, thats how it is here now.

My very ill, elderly father in law has just spent 2 nights on a chair in A&E – he was so ill he needed a blood transfusion today and he has just gotten in to a ward tonight and he is so grateful. Imagine, a sick old man who worked his whole life is grateful for a bed in hospital. It is a shocking state of affairs.

I will do my best to get to this family day and support this fund raising.

Thanks Theresa for posting this and letting us know about it

Teresa09

Hi Sabbi, Thank you for your reply, I do hope your dad is recovering well, Yes you are right it is a very sad sate of affairs that we can not get a bed for our sick in this county, Even worse that we have to fight for children to have front line health care.

Teresa09

Hi we have just a week away till our family fun day. hope to see many parents and children there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.