Family Break!!

Home Forums National Chat Family Break!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Patrice

Has anyone any suggestions for a nice Hotel break in Ireland for two adults and a 7mth old? New to this "family break" thing but would love to go somewhere for a few days that is baby friendly with nice food/wine etc maybe a spa thrown in!! In other words a well deserved lazy holiday! All previous experiences greatly appreciated. Oh maybe something to see or do during the day would also be nice.

New Mum dying for a break!

Taylor5

With a young baby i would recommend staying in a hotel that has apartments or cottages on site… this means you have your own kitchen You get to use the hotel spa etc but you have all the comforts of home bedroom, sitting room… this means you can watch tv and chill out on a sofa, rather then the tv turned down and lying in bed watching it
    if you find a good hotel will you let me know, thanks

Maria30

Agree with Taylor about apartment or cottage. Or if you could get a family room in a hotel that would be good too.

Martina
    Participant

Radisson in Cavan have houses on site and a spa. I never stayed in it because its literally just down the road from the In-laws but I know a few people who rave about it. You can also get a family suite/room.

Kelly’s in Rosslare is supposed to be THEE best family hotel in the Country, but the prices reflect that, very expensive, so never been there either.

Nicest one I stayed in was The Blarney Park Hotel, its a long drive down though, but had a family suite there and loved it. They also have a baby minding service/kids club and if you have small kids they will take them for their tea early on so you can have a nice meal in the restaurant un-interrupted. Close enough to Cork City, Fota etc also.

scole1

also reasonably priced too is breafy house and resort in castlebar, they have playground, spa, leisure centre and also have self catering houses beside the hotel

Anonymous
    Inactive

from experience if your booking a family room at the weekend just make sure when your booking, its away from any noisy parties or nite-clubs….we had a bad experience with a family room and were awake all night 😡 with wrecked kids next day….not much of a break.

ed1
    Participant

Last year we stayed in the Blarney Golf Resort in Blarney Cork. It is great. The lodges are a great size or you could stay in the Hotel on site.

I would second the Breafy house in Castlebar too. It was great, very child friendly.

The Clarion in Sligo and the Westgrove in Clane are also lovely.

Taylor5

We stayed in the Breafy house when ds was just a few months old, we did find it great and the staf so friendly, but at the time the building work for the new sports hotel was going on, the playground was out of action and we were on the top floor of the old hotel, very tricky to get to our room, we had to get the lift in the lobby to level 1 then walking the entire lenght of level one to a second lift to the 5th floor…… we would carry the buggy up about 25 steps to save getting the two lifts, this just turned us off the hotel iykwim although we had a great time and food to die for…. ds started to cry during my meal and they came over and took my dinner and put it under the heat lamp in the kitchen while i settled and fed ds, this was without being asked.
    Did you girls stay in the old part or the new sports hotel? Very cheap offers as its a lynch hotel and little or nothing to stay in them

beams

Patrice , if you’re interested in West Cork – we stayed in the Quality Inns in both Clonakilty and Youghal . They have apartments beside the hotels and you have free use of all the hotel facilities with all the comforts of home from home. Highly recommend. 😀

Taylor5

Think my sister stayed in the one in youghal she loved it there

Hi Patrice,

I stayed in the Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny. Really nice €169 for 2 nights dbb and spa treatment. Family room was very spacious. Food was delicious. Five Course dinner only devine. Lovely shops in Kilkenny and the Castle is great to see with a big park to sit in if nice and sunny. About 11/2 hours to get there and on the way back went to the Kildare Village for the bargains in nice designer shops.

Happymammy

Hey

Amber Springs in Gorey is very child friendly and then there is the Annebrook House Hotel in Mullingar which have apartments and you get the best of both worlds. Best of luck. Both within an hours drive.

Taylor5

Yeah the Apartments in the Annebrook house are lovely and the food in the hotel is fab..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.