false tan

Home Forums National Chat false tan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    libby

Hi

I have a black tie Ball on Saturday the 19th of April, myself and friend want to get our tans done.

Any ideas where to go and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Jenny!!!

Well definately dont go to that place up beside xtra vision, i got my tan done for my wedding there, it was the one you stand in and the machine sprays u and u turn etc..(bit of a ross from friends job). that was on the thursday and wedding was sat.When i woke the next morning….i cant even explain what i looked like,(after i showered) my hands were completely black, my face and arms were dirty lookin, it was really bad, i just thought i had done something wrong,so i rang them up and explained that it was for my wedding etc..the girl wasnt nice at all on the phone and they said they couldnt help me, it wasnt up to them. i was livid. I spent all that day scrubbing myself with help from a friend and then she put st.tropez on me, it still wasnt the best but did the job. Disaster. dont know the name but dont go there.

libby

Thanks for that

Any other stories

posie

Most salons will do spray tan – The brands Sun FX and St Tropez seem to be the most popular. I can’t name a salon in particular, but if you get a chance, get a trial done. My skin doesn’t react very well to fake tan from salons, but most people are ok.
    If you decide to do it yourself, I find the St Tropez quite good, and I mix it with some body moisturiser which helps my skin and it tones down the colour too. The ambre solaire spray is good too, just do it in advance in case you miss a bit and then you can spray that bit the following day LOL 😆

Taylor5

Libby I got the sunfx spray tan done for a wedding, I had a white & grey linen dress on and after night of drinking and dancing ( June wedding) my dress was like a rag.
    I dont go to saloons anymore, as the next time I got it done I had to ring them and go back down the morning of the wedding to get a touch up, I wascasper white!!!!! She told me "Oh I didnt want you to look like a packie" (sorry not my words but the girl in the saloon)

I use a Niva Oil spary tan now or a No7 one, both are very good… but the Niva one is fab, it smells lovely and you cant go wrong with it, its so natural and you cant get streaks, it only costs about 10 euro

scole1

oh i know a girl who does it in your home a really good one she said all the stars are using it, she said it looks real and smells like choclate…..andrea is her name will root her number out….

Jenny!!!

scole could you give me her details aswell, that really sounds good, hate the smell of false tan,so does dh.

scole1

andrea 0872101740 she’s lovely girl….

trixiebell
    Participant

im using that Johnsons Holiday sun at the minute, its like a moisturiser and builds up to a really natural tan, I have a lovely colour with it, its great,

Taylor5

I have that trixie and its great, you get a really natural all over tan

Anonymous
    Inactive

i got m,y first spray tan a few weeks ago in Tranquility in Byranstwon, turn out fab, no streaks, no smells(after 1st nite). PJs i wore to bed had tan on them but that came off in the wash but had no other marks on any clothes. It cost €40 and totally worth it.

libby

Thanks

I have 3 choices

Tranquilty
    Andrea
    Johnson sun lotion

Yous are great.

Happymammy

Hi Libby
    As long as you exfoliate 24hours before, apply moisturiser to knees elbows fingers ankles and toes your tan will be fine. For dark patches baby oil and sugar with cotton wool will remove it and for very bad cock ups nail varnish remover not great for the skin but for the wedding day its a definite doer if you are in a panic and have big orange streks!

Use surgical gloves to apply your own tan get them in any chemist make sure they fit your hand size. When putting on the backs of your hand just apply some tan to the top of your hand and rub the two tops of your hands together and your wrists together gently. For your feet just brush the sponge lightly as far as your toes and around the sides dont put tan onto your toes.
    When you are finished and tan is dry dab the areas you have put on moisturiser and this will remove any tanresidue reducing dark patches.

For smelly tans that can smell like cat pee the next day you can add a drop of lavender to your tan solution or even vanilla food essence 😀

libby

Thanks
    For all the great advice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.