False labour!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

ah sabbi i can imagine the excitement wondering is this it and now back to waiting – all in good time – though that’s SOOO hard to hear when you’re ready for it to be over. good luck in the coming weeks xoxo

Jedt
    Keymaster

You would think that by the time it gets to having baby number 4, we would know when real labour is starting but oh no, had a total false alarm last night and for a while thought this was it!

Was up from 2-6am with on and off contractions, they were strong enough to get me out of bed and walking around but not regular enough to get me to go to hospital. I contemplated it a few times but decided to hold off as was not sure.

Has all settled down now today – not a twinge in sight! It’s funny how babies are so unpredictable, last night was convinced he/she wouldbe here soon but now am thinking will probably still be pregnant past my due date which is in 2 weeks time. We just never know!!

lellykelly

uh oh, poor you Sabbi. You must be exhausted being up all night & it must be mentally draining preparing yourself for labour for it not to be it at all 🙁 . You will be watching every twinge now thinking is this it!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

poor you….and hubbie. say you were so excited that you were going to see your baby and then back to being pregnant and waiting again. all the best though…..and patience, patience, patience. 🙂

Taylor5

Sabbi i was like that at 32 weeks on ds2, i was in and out of labour for 10 days…. every evening i was put on a monitor and every evening the doctor on the rounds would tell me he would see my in the Labour ward, the midwives would say "oh you will have that baby by the time we are back on duty" How wrong were they, 6 weeks later he arrived! 😆 😆 :lol:
    Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight xxxx

Jedt
    Keymaster

Back is aching but nothing happening apart from that. reckon baby has gone back up a bit again, the little scamp!

As my Nanny says, ‘when the apple is ready it will fall’ so will just have to be patient and hope its not too much longer!

Off now to do some mad vacuuming to see if that helps… 😆 😆

Brenda2011

Oh god love you Sabbi,hopefully your baby will arrive sooner rather than later,but I suppose he or she just isnt ready to face the world just yet!.

Because its my first pregnancy I probably would have headed into the hospital as have no idea what "fake contractions" feel like so well done for not having gone in only to be sent home again.

Best of luck & let us know then your baby decides to make an appearance!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Don’t worry Brenda you’ll know when its time to go. The real contractions get more regular and stronger and just keep coming where as the false ones wilter away after a while. Its all part of the fun trying to guess which it is in the last few weeks!!

Just vacuumed two cars and cleaned some of the windows….if thats not nesting then don’t know what is 😆 😆

Taylor5

Can i drop my car over? 😆 😆 😆 When is your EDD?

MummyD

Hope babe comes soon Sabbi! Best of luck. 😀

MaryE

Best of luck Sabbi. The last couple of weeks are hard going when you are waiting.

Are you not having this babs at home anymore?

MaryE

Best of luck Sabbi. The last couple of weeks are hard going when you are waiting.

Are you not having this babs at home anymore?

Taylor5

MaryE i was thinking the same!! I thought you had your midwives visit you at home, so i was thinking it was a homebirth

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yep, am planning a home birth on this one. If I had gone into labour before being at 38 weeks, we would have had to go to hospital, that’s the HSE rules! So when I thought it was all kicking off Sunday night, it was 2 days before I qualified for my home birth which is why I would have ended up at OLOL!

Thankfully all settled down after that, so now when I go into labour, should be grand for having baby at home.

Due date is 15th August but having so much pressure at moment am hoping it will happen before then – then again, babies are unpredictable little people so who knows!!!

julymam

OHhhh best of luck Sabbi,hope you’re not waiting too long will be thinkin of you x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.