FACEBOOK/BEBO…. joining groups and pages***BEWARE***

Home Forums National Chat FACEBOOK/BEBO…. joining groups and pages***BEWARE***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a plea with any mother out there, or even young girls or boys….. DO NOT join pages on facebook,bebo, etc. that are about kids or being a mother or father… e.g there is a facebook group called " i have lovely daughters".. that sounds like a play ground for peodofiles, pervs, or sick people!!!!
    keep your family and friends safe and do not join pages like that because once you join they have access to your info and pictures…. god knows where your childs face could end up!!!! as they super impose pictures!!!
    Sorry if i have scared anyone but we need to be careful please un join and of those type of sites….

Liverbird

Your right about this. My sis in England lives on facebook and put MY kids pics on it. WELL not to say i was nearly on a flight over to kill her. Rang her and told her that if she doesn’t remove my kids from that site that i would take her to court. God only knows who’s looking at them. Some people are really stupid and don’t realise how dangerous the internet really is. It can destroy peoples lives. God forbid this ever happens 😯

Almae

liverbird your comment Some people are really stupid and don’t realise how dangerous the internet really is they are the stupid people on facebok who dont mark their photo albums private and only their friends on facebook can see photos etc..

Not everyone is stupid , i have pictures on my facebook page and only my friends can see them no one else.

Liverbird

apologies if i offended but that’s wat i mean. Half of them don’t check properly as to wat they are doing and dont realise how dangerous it is….

Almae

no u didnt offend just wanted to point out people can and SHOULD mark ther albums private on facebook,bebo,webshots or any other network .

yummymummy

Everything on my profile is private, only my friends can see them, if im tagged in an album i tend to remove it etc.

jaybird

A lot of people know how to keep their information private.

Thing is though, the world is full of photos of everyone. What exact harm do you think can happen from someone having a picture of my child, fully clothed in a normal photo? All the kids pictures are in the paper when they start school, how is that any different to a picture on facebook?

There are dangers out there alright, but rampant paranoia over everything doesn’t help anyone. Please don’t assume we are all idiots, and please don’t make eveything into "hunt the paedo". Your children are statistically far more at risk in your own home and with people they know than with strangers, and parents need to get a proper sense of risk perception.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A lot of people know how to keep their information private.

Thing is though, the world is full of photos of everyone. What exact harm do you think can happen from someone having a picture of my child, fully clothed in a normal photo? All the kids pictures are in the paper when they start school, how is that any different to a picture on facebook?

There are dangers out there alright, but rampant paranoia over everything doesn’t help anyone. Please don’t assume we are all idiots, and please don’t make eveything into "hunt the paedo". Your children are statistically far more at risk in your own home and with people they know than with strangers, and parents need to get a proper sense of risk perception.

Sorry but there is still harm, if a pervert likes your child he could copy and paste there face to the body of a naked child(very good quality, like is was really taken) it has been knowen to happen!!!

jaybird

How would you know about that anyway? You wouldn’t.
    There are billions of photos of children everywhere, and if you are going to be paranoid, you’ll have to send your children out with scarves over their faces a la Michael Jackson.
    Someone could take a photo of them while you are out without you looking. Someone could cut out the school photo from the local paper. Why pick on just pictures on facebook?

Anonymous
    Inactive

its not a personal attack on you JAYBIRD do what ya want with your own pictures put it would be better if we kept are kidssafe!!!
    your last comment was silly…..

jaybird

Excuse me it is not silly. You post telling people not to join groups on facebook "cos paedos might get pics of your kids". It is not silly to point out that;
    a) if you set your pics to private nobody can see them in the groups you join
    b) there are pics everywhere, including pics of your children, so if anybody wanted a picture it is not difficult to get them. You would hardly need to join groups on facebook to get pictures of children, would you?
    and c) its not an important danger to a lot of people anyway, as there are far far bigger dangers to our children than a few pictures on the internet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excuse me it is not silly. You post telling people not to join groups on facebook "cos paedos might get pics of your kids". It is not silly to point out that;
    a) if you set your pics to private nobody can see them in the groups you join
    b) there are pics everywhere, including pics of your children, so if anybody wanted a picture it is not difficult to get them. You would hardly need to join groups on facebook to get pictures of children, would you?
    and c) its not an important danger to a lot of people anyway, as there are far far bigger dangers to our children than a few pictures on the internet.

What age are you? if you read my first message i said groups to do with kids!!! join any group ya want!!
    what do ya mean it is not an important danger…… some one could get it into there head they like the look of your child and from your page see were u live and take her for a sex slave…. as simple as that… dont u watch tv or are u too busy on facebook!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

and this…. is how they see your PRIVATE photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQjhOJFVqU

jaybird

What age are you? if you read my first message i said groups to do with kids!!! join any group ya want!!
    what do ya mean it is not an important danger…… some one could get it into there head they like the look of your child and from your page see were u live and take her for a sex slave…. as simple as that… dont u watch tv or are u too busy on facebook!!!

Please tell me you are kidding. Where did you see this on TV, Law and order?
    How do you think anyone can tell where I live from my facebook? FB kidnappings and sex slaves, completely ridiculous paranoia.

Oh and BTW, that first link has nothing to do with your point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.